Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pair of sandals/mittens  (Read 598 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Pair of sandals/mittens
« on: March 03, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

What if we had an option to make a pair of mittens/socks/sandals? And there were actualy right and left ones?
For now dwarves don't seem to change clothes often...
And at least please let the possessed dwarves make a PAIR of artifact boors/gloves. I've just got and artifact sandal. Now I have to look for a one-legged noble...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pair of sandals/mittens
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>What if we had an option to make a pair of mittens/socks/sandals?</STRONG>

"Make socks" makes two socks.  Ditto mittens, gloves, gauntlets, shoes, sandels and anything else that comes in pairs.

Except artifacts.  I suspect that may be fixed in the future.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

This tripped me up for a while, too; I kept wondering how my dwarves knew whether I wanted to make a left or a right mitten.  It was a while before I figured out that one job = one pair.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 03:00:00 am »

Ouch, didn't try this... But I've got a couple of useless artifacts. Maybe it should be fixed for artifacts too? And the price should be ajusted a bit too (value), or we'll end with 2 expensive artifacts instead of 1 (why not? BEcause it'll make artifact socks more valuable and desired than a sword, which would be unbalanced... but fun?).
Also it reminded me years of my university, when I was able to find anything but a PAIR of socks =). The socks were mysteriously disappearing. Like old Clint Eastwood's "there must be only one sock in this house" =).

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

Useless artifacts is more the norm than anything. I have an Aluminum shield.
I could buy any caravan with it, but...
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 08:03:00 am »

You call *that* useless?  I just had some random hauler pack up the only wood in my entire fortress (three logs), some leather and a gem (I hate it when they take gems.  I may not be able to find another one like it if another dwarf wants that gem type).  

He made an earring, and became a legendary woodcrafter.  Utterly, pointlessly useless.  At least you can use an aluminum shield, and the artifact quality makes it as powerful as an iron shield.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

Actually, none of my military dwarves want to touch it. I'm thinking it's because Aluminum is too soft and not valid to be equipped.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

You can make a shield out of leather, and aluminum is too soft?  Hell, with that kind of quality modifier on it, it's probably better than the standard shields!

Do they all have shields alrady equipped or something?  I very seriously doubt that a little thing like it being made from aluminum would stop a dwarf from picking it up and using it.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

That might be it, whoops...
Leather can be hardened quite a lot though.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

My dwarves would rather have no shield at all than use the legendary copper shield.