Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf's even more retarted?  (Read 1259 times)

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf's even more retarted?
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:04:32 am »

My dwarfs have gone from an IQ of about 70 to around 50. My miners spontaneously drop their picks and refuse to pick them up and stand their staring at the wall. I believe they are mining through it, in their mind. My woodcutter dwarfs will drop their axes and tell me that they have no job to do. Any one else encountering your miners/woodcutters randomly dropping their pick's/Axes?

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf's even more retarted?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 04:07:30 am »

I noticed that sometimes my dwarves would just stop working for awhile and just loaf around. I noticed those dwarves were injured while my docter was resting (from being bruised all over from the local troglodyte swarm). You might want to check them for injury.

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 04:10:39 am »

Just checked, their all in top health, and about 5 tiles away is his pick, just sitting there. It seems deactivating the labor letting the game resume then reactivating the labor allows them to pick their tool up and continue working. Weird.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:15 am »

I had the same problem, after my miner got injured hè testes for à while, until he just had a broken hand, then he took the pick in his left hand and refused to do anything. Canceling his digging jobs and reordering them worked, and he's digging out my hallway with his left hand now.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:25:41 am »

Same here with woodcutters. Both of them. It was weird and I ended up abandoning before  fixed the issue.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."