Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What was your first spoiler? [SPOILERS WITHOUT TAGS]  (Read 1860 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What was your first spoiler? [SPOILERS WITHOUT TAGS]
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:55:10 pm »

What was your first forgotten beast? Mine was a giant toad with scales. Go figure. He killed everyone after an emergency draft. It was kind of cool, actually. A bunch of my dorfs got elite wrestler and none of my military died-for a while. The main reason for this was the fact that I accidentally forgot to set my woodcutter to carry his axe as a weapon-everything on the toad's body ended up bruised, and its two antennae were broken.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

andrei901

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first spoiler? [SPOILERS WITHOUT TAGS]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:58:11 pm »

granite....something. dug too deep too fast looking for magma.

Truec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:39 pm »

Giant, three-eyed, fire-breathing frog.  I haven't actually gotten to fight him yet, he ran into the Olm Man infestation in the caverns, wiped them out, was pretty badly injured, and vanished.  I don't know if he left or if he's just hiding.

LATER: Ah, he's back.  Most of his wounds have healed, though his head and two of his legs are cut up a bit.  With the Olm Men wiped out, it must be pretty boring for him down there.  There's a troll meandering around someplace, and a group of troglodytes, but I think they're in a seperate cavern.  Do Forgottten Beasts have Building Destroyer?  If so, I would have expected him to plow through the one door I have blocking my shaft off from the cavern, so I assume I can fight him at my leisure.  Which will be whenever my military recovers from their epic battle with the dread Giant Mole.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:44:40 am by Truec »

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:19:33 am »

Giant, three-eyed, fire-breathing toad.  I haven't actually gotten to fight him yet, he ran into the Olm Man infestation in the caverns, wiped them out, was pretty badly injured, and vanished.  I don't know if he left or if he's just hiding.
EPIC!
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

andrei901

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:22:24 am »

toady one?

Dendou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 04:03:22 pm »

A huge wigned tick, that breathes fire.  I thought it might be cool to fight but the cavern is 100+ Z levels from the surface (that's the closest one and off of random world gen).  It started toward my explotartion shaft and I was preparing for disaster but it went into the darkness and got its upper body taken off...by something even more deadly.
You know your in for some FUN when a megabeast comes and gets pwned by something even worse lurking in the deep.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 05:53:06 pm »

A giant newt with ribs on the outside and cracked skin. Supposedly he had fire breath too (beware his flames!) but he never used it.

He swam across the underground lake thing and started up my exploration shaft, where he was intercepted by my axe lords (thank goodness I figured out how to get them armed and armored!). They made quick work of him, slicing off one of his legs and slashing one of his lungs and his heart then hacking at him while he bled out.

On the plus side - 194 forgotten beast meat, 2 eyes, 11 meals worth of brain, 22 meals of lung, 5 of heart,  35 meals of intestine. NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. Also 127 bones and two horns to make crafts out of (hooray for the bug where the whole stack gets used for one job being fixed).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Mewchu11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 10:24:50 pm »

Bosa. It's a giant flying blob made of flame and I'm very happy I've yet to be anywhere near it.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 11:45:21 pm »

On the plus side - 194 forgotten beast meat, 2 eyes, 11 meals worth of brain, 22 meals of lung, 5 of heart,  35 meals of intestine. NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. Also 127 bones and two horns to make crafts out of (hooray for the bug where the whole stack gets used for one job being fixed).

Dwarven haggis, anyone?
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.