Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hidden Fun Stuff exposed at surface.  (Read 1787 times)

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hidden Fun Stuff exposed at surface.
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:36:04 pm »

Not more more to say: there is Adamantine exposed at the surface. Somehow, I think this might be a glitch.

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Fun Stuff exposed at surface.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:56:24 pm »

IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO QUESTION IT. TRULY THIS IS A SIGN! But really, it doesn't seem that bad. I don't think demons are triggered by finding adamantine any more. Still really strange. What z-level is your surface at?
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:58:26 pm »

And Adamantine does still have the [DEEP] tag, I checked. (Although it's the [DEEP_SPECIAL] tag now.)

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:55 pm »

Perhaps you should just wait and see if demons appear. If not, then you got a cool fort ahead. If yes... have FUN. And 163? Yeah, I don't think that's adamantine's natural range.
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:04:31 am »

Nevermind, I had FUN alright: I encountered the scalding rain bug and it killed all of my dwarves.  ::) OH WELL.

Coded One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:14:48 am »

IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO QUESTION IT. TRULY THIS IS A SIGN! But really, it doesn't seem that bad. I don't think demons are triggered by finding adamantine any more. Still really strange. What z-level is your surface at?

Demons no longer spawn for adamantine? If I find a vein, and mine it to the bottom z-layer, do I get a cookie?

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 12:24:32 am »

Demons no longer spawn for adamantine? If I find a vein, and mine it to the bottom z-layer, do I get a cookie?

They spawn for something else ENTIRELY, still related to adamantium pipes through the <Redacted>. Good luck.

Also, that sucks dude >_> that map is AWESOME but I think oddly appropriate for the bad luck adamantium to have ACIDIC RAIN XD
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 04:01:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 10:10:11 am »

You haven't applied any mods, have you? Those look suspiciously like large clusters, and raw adamantine isn't supposed to occur in large clusters...

Alternatively, it may be that the raws have gotten corrupted - there've been other reports of problems with various reactions no longer working properly (e.g. "make coke from bituminous coal" requiring Platinum).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:18:05 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.