Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Angelsmash [Succession]  (Read 17387 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Angelsmash [Succession]
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2010, 06:37:18 am »

Emus?  :P

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 12:41:52 am »

Journal Entry #1

Angelsmash ahoy!

I hear those impious lads over at the new settlement are in trouble, something about nobody wanting to "volunteer" for soldier duty.  Looks like it's time for me to head over and remind these guys they're not some clean-shaven elves.  Off we go!

First things first, need to set up my command center.  Aha, is that blue metal I see?  Looks like these lads are good miners, even if they can't tell their ass from an ax.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, now that I've got appropriately decadent diggs (and a full set of gem encrusted solid gold furniture) it's time to make some armor and get these guys training!  Let the brave new defenders of our home be called the "Diamond Treaties."  It may fool our foes into believing we might show mercy.  Ha!

Journal Entry #2

Oh ho!  Looks like we've decided to beef up just in time! 

These austere caverns are beautiful:

But they fester with mind-rending abominations:

Best leave this fiend be until we've had time to train up a bit.

Journal Entry #3

We faced our first gobbos today.  We had minimal casualties, but the lads sure made a mockery of themselves with those axes.  Sigh, back to training for those left standing.

Journal Entry #4

Dear Armok!  More demons wriggle their way into the deep!
I understand some of the humans worship this monstrosity as a mother goddess.  I don't think I'll ever understand their bizarre ways.

Unfortunately for us, the last guy in charge of this place thought the fort was safe from underground invaders because he'd blocked off all ground level access.  Well.  He hadn't considered giant bees that fricken fly when he left all those other breaches into the caverns open.  Lucky for us, the hallways are teeming with war-jaguars and whatnot.  We lost one jaguar, but I can't help feeling it would have been 6-7 "axe" dwarfs if they'd been first to respond instead.

Journal Entry #5

The goblins are back!  A group of the cowards ambushed Lieam the Mason right in front of our traps.  With the military still training and recovering, I thought it best to order everyone inside and let the cage traps do what our military could not.  I knew Lieam was in a bad place, but I never expected what happened next.

Sensing the cage traps just beyond their position, a group of 4 goblins simultaneously tore into Liam.  I thought he would make a brave, and short, last stand.

But those bastards weren't satisfied with simply taking his life.  No, they wanted to have some fun.  As all the fort looked on in horror they continued to bloody him up, refusing to land the fatal blow.

On and on they went, as what used to be his head slowly became recognizable only by the breaths he was still taking through his toothless mouth.

In what could only be an attempt to lure us out of hiding, they began to tear pieces of flesh off his face and fling them around like party favors.  Soon the field was littered with pieces of Lieam.

Able to bear it no longer, the lads rush out to end this horror show.  Killing all but one goblin, they begin to avenge Lieam and repay the foul creature in kind.  Finally bleeding to death, the last thing Lieam would have seen (if he still had eyes) would have been the lads turning this goblin into a mess of bone, blood, and matted hair for hours on end.

Following the day's atrocities, the fort returns to a semblance of normalcy.  All, that is, except for Lieam's young child.  It seems that witnessing the torture and murder of his father has proved too much for this little one.  May they meet again in the world beyond.

Journal Entry #6

Having truly experienced the horrors of the battlefield, the military hunkers down for some serious drill time.  Some of them are beginning to look adequate with an axe.

As they train, I set myself to extracting and processing adamantine for our future armor.

I also decide to use all the stone lying around to do something useful.  Eying the hill across the valley, I know just what we need.  A bridge.

Lacking the quartzite I require to finish the bridge, I decide to quarry some.  Looking at the quarry, an idea strikes me.  This impious fortress lacks a proper altar to Armok.  I think I have just enough time to remedy that.

The quarry becomes a cavern.  Unwilling to let the massive amount of stone clutter the fortress I decide to completely wall in the nearby hillside with a 4 story tall barrier.

Back underground, an unbreakable altar is erected and I fashion a mosaic from the living stone in homage to Armok's greatness.

I really wish the blue of cobaltite and kimberlite came through in Stonesense.

This is the coloring I had in mind for the mosaic.

And with that, my time here is finished.  I move on, confident that my successor will uphold the hard-fought discipline and faith of Anglesmash.

-Graebeard

Map with POI.

Save
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:07:20 am by Graebeard »
At last, she is done.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2010, 02:37:20 am »

Holy mother of Armok, that is a nice temple.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2010, 03:14:46 am »

Holy mother of Armok, that is a nice temple.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:49 am »

Nice Turn!  :D I like how other people interpret my design choices in the fortress, always good for a laugh! And don't fear the GCS! The GCS is your friend! Well according to AS, ungulateman is next, though once again according to my interpretation of his post he was only requsting a dwarf, if this is true then sandiego is next.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:25:09 am by Demonic Spoon »

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:17 am »

Well, which version it is? .01 I guess, but better safe than experiencing possibly-entertaining-but-not-exactly-playable-episodes-of-flash-boils-and-such.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 11:45:20 am »

I used the latest one, .03, for my turn, don't know about graebeard.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:43 pm »

Good, so it works. I think I will just get on it, but I'm unsure when I will be able to begin properly (I expect two difficult days in row now), but I think tommorow should work.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2010, 12:19:00 pm »

I played with 31.03, but I didn't actually get in and update any raws.  I don't know if anyone else actually went in to do it or not.
At last, she is done.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:43 pm »

Just so you know, the levers for controlling the GCS Farm are labelled and in my quarters, and I'd appreciate it if you gave my dwarf animal training and dyeing as labours, thanks!  :D

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 02:05:03 pm »

Adamatine stockpile drowning in blood. Rope reed farm irrigated by blood. Blood everywhere I look. Rotting goblin corpses. Huge untangible everything stockpiles. Looks like fort Demonic Spoon had. Looks like hard work.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2010, 02:12:08 pm »

Hey! They always look like that before I get them! *shifty eyes*

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 02:34:14 pm »

Journal of SanDiego, proffesional stoneworker worrier
2nd Granite 106

Well, diary, here I go. That batcrap crazy Graebeard orders this batcrap large temple and then decides he just doesn't want to rule anymore and tells me "Oi, I hope you can finish this whole."
Batcrap.
Well, here I am, ruling this entropic pit called Angelmash. Currently I do not know what is where is what. What I do know is that I must do something with that ridiculously showy-off DemonicSpoon

And possibly try not to make this whole place fall on my head.

'Tis going to be a long year, diary, mark my words.

uhh... guys? I think that AzureShadow suffers from some kind of ill sense for beauty, see what appeared in my quarters

3rd Granite
I always wanted to know whether that large execution tower of ours works properly as it should. I sent AzureShadow to give one of our green-skinned friends a fly. The splat was satysfying. Also, ordered another shaft into the depths, I want magma to speed up our industry and I want to make a proper greenhouse roof.

5th Granite
I made last resort trap line, putting some our stock of useless whips and scourges to use. Anyone venturing nearby should encounter a nasty surprise. Also, I noticed that many of our soldiers who should be "sparring safely with training weapons" have pretty nasty wounds. I just hope they won't kill themselves before some more goblins arrive.

And that's one of the less serious injured one's.
On a side note - DemonicSpoon is still slacking his lazy ass in his bed instead of digging the shaft. I assigned one more miner only to discover he immediately went to sleep. Great.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:07:07 am by SanDiego »

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2010, 05:23:24 am »

Uh, guys? It seems I may take a little longer than I expected, just posting that I'm not completely dead yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2010, 05:31:39 am »

Righto, anything interesting happen?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10