Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Angelsmash [Succession]  (Read 17380 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Angelsmash [Succession]
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:37 am »

IA IA CTHULHU FTAGHN

Don't mind me, I'm insane. Though, I'd rather be alive and crazy than dead and crazy.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

(( Watching this fortress with great expectations! ))
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2010, 06:29:59 pm »

Look on the bright side, when you are dead you cannot die and thus you are immortal.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:58 pm »

Look on the bright side, when you are dead you cannot die and thus you are immortal.
EXCELLENT

AAAAHAHAHAHA
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2010, 12:47:23 pm »

Mmm, well the silk farm was a success, however I forgot to block off dwarven access before lowering the floodgates and now it is a confusion of dwarves running in to get stuff and getting frightenend and webbed then other dwarves coming in to collect webs, etc. Worst of all is that there are some items blocking the floodgates, I'm going to have to remove the dwarves eyes to get everything sorted out.

EDIT: Well mutilating the dwarves eyes now causes the game to crash, damn, well this will be irritating and full of cancel spam.

EDIT 2: Webbed dwarves or tame creatures are caught by cage traps when standing above them while webbed. This led to some amusing incidents. I wonder if the same would happen to trapavoid creatures like forgotten beasts? This should be utilized.

EDIT 3:
Great, another Forgotten Beast showed up. We now have two of them wandering around and this one can probably fly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:21:48 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2010, 03:12:54 pm »

Map

Save

After the great battle with the goblins that lasted through the winter and part of spring, Doomy was no longer fit to lead Angelsmash to it's destiny of great glory. In fact she was stark raving mad. My host body had also died in the fighting and I had no course but to possess a new body to complete my plans. Recognizing the power vacuum left by Doomy's sudden resignatoin, I started giving orders before anyone realized what was going on and established myself in a position of power. I reviewed some of the blueprints of the fortress and all I can say is that hoo boy this place sure is a mess.

Progress is being made. I've supervised the construction of some roofed over farm plots for aboveground farms and started digging out my suite on the lower levels. We have started establishing a foothold in the underground and I have plans to capture the Giant Cave Spider that is rumoured to be lurking down there. Also I have ordered some coffins made and placed in one of the empty rooms I have now designated as the crypts so that we can bury those brave dwarves that perished during the epic struggle with the goblins. I myself am becoming proficient with a pick, there being no healthy miners left after the fighting I was forced to take up the duty. I also became the resident engraver and have done some animal training.

Success! We have captured the giant cave spider! Work is taking place on a elaborate silk farm to harvest it's valuable bounty and work on my other projects also continue. There have been some goblin ambushes but improved defenses were able to deal with them. We have traded with various caravans for goods using stone crafts that we churn out the whole time. Elk birds are a bit of a nuisance underground. I wonder if they can be tamed? Naked mole dogs also present possibilities.

I have ordered the construction a grand execution tower to kill our goblin prisoners of war in a suitable gruesome fashion. The silk farm is a success and my quarters are complete.

Damn stupid hallucinating dwarves. They awakenend me form a wonderful nap to tell me that the had discovered a hug feathered leech the expelled poisonous vapours in the lower caverns. I told them to lay off the plump helmet wine and let me get back to sleep. After seeing the thing destroy two of our war dogs we had chained up outside I had to admit that it was horrifyingly real. There have been some mutters among the peasantry that it is a punishment sent by Armok for following my orders. MY ORDERS!!! ME!!! DEMONIC SPOON!!!! GREATEST DWARF TO EVER LIVE! ThE FoOlS tHeY will PAY foR tHEir iNSOlence!!!!!!

The rest of the journal is mostly insane ramblings about the great of one Demonic Spoon.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:49:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2010, 03:56:52 am »

I hereby resign my turn, next up can have it. I do wish to keep my dwarf though.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2010, 01:50:13 pm »

Added a lackluster story to previous post.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2010, 11:32:08 pm »

Should we skip Shintaro Fago? I sent him a pm but he hasn't been on since the 15th.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2010, 11:41:20 pm »

Probably.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2010, 11:21:41 pm »

Well then it'll be Zaerosz's turn.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2010, 10:40:45 am »

So, I sent Zaerosz PM but he didn't reply, shall we pass on then?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2010, 10:42:29 am »

I suppose so? Arrowplain doesn't seem to have actually requested a turn? Merely a axedwarf? If this is true then that leaves Graebeard as next up.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:44:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:49 am »

Alrighty, let's see if we can't get this show back on the road.  I should be able to get going tonight.
At last, she is done.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2010, 01:13:18 pm »

Alrighty.  A bit sprawly around here.

Did someone mess with the dwarfs' speed?  I'm running at 23 FPS but these guys are flying around like crazy.

Also, apparently no one likes the new military system, as we haven't decided to train or equip any dwarfs.  Righteo.  Axes and iron plate for everyone!
At last, she is done.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2010, 02:20:52 am »

To be honest, I tried to use it, but you saw what happened during my turn.

They became emos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10