Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Angelsmash [Succession]  (Read 17375 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Angelsmash [Succession]
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2010, 05:35:55 am »

You just engraved a picture of AzureShadow embracing two reachers in my bedroom and I dropped a goblin from execution tower to his explosive death some ten stories below but nothing ground breaking, everything nice and quiet.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2010, 05:46:59 am »

The GCS farm working out alright?

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2010, 06:21:20 am »

Actually, I'm afraid to pull any lever marked as GCS for case of a fuckup. Although there is quite a bit of silk in there, I may send some hapless bugger to collect it. Also, the fortress is very large, chaotic and I do not know what is going on. A typical succesion fortress.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2010, 06:27:54 am »

The farm is actually very simple. The doors to the farm are locked. The one lever in my quarters controls floodgates surrounding the GCS so that it won't scare the dwarves and won't fire at them when they come in to collect the webs. The other is just for dumping random animals in with the GCS to be killed by it if you like, it was initially for dumping the GCS in. So simply pull the lever for the floodgates then unlock the doors.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:33:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2010, 06:39:13 am »

Oh, well, gonna give it a try.

Hey, cool, we have magma!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2010, 07:03:07 am »

Well yeah, every map has magma right at the bottom in the new version.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:44 am »

So, DemonicSpoon, I must inform you that your GCS silk farm failed miserably. Not only did some 60% of floodgates fail to erect, but you also forgot a little detail that dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and that webbed dorfs trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2010, 08:36:12 am »

So, DemonicSpoon, I must inform you that your GCS silk farm failed miserably. Not only did some 60% of floodgates fail to erect, but you also forgot a little detail that dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and that webbed dorfs trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

This is some giant LOL right there.
Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2010, 09:05:16 am »

This needs to be sigged.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2010, 09:15:11 am »

Done and done.
Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2010, 09:35:39 am »

So, the floodgates are up, but for some reason our leggy friend can spew his webs over them. So far we are up to 13 caged dwarves, including DemonicSpoon (only able miner), AzureShadow (only record keeper and manager), Chief Medical Dwarf and various other personel, almost anyone who knows his way around forges plus some hapless fools like dyers and fish cleaners.

EDIT: Make that 15 caged dwarves.
EDIT2: Scratch it, we are up to 17 now, fortunately we are running out of working cage traps.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:39:53 am by SanDiego »

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2010, 09:42:41 am »

:watches while eating popcorn:
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2010, 09:45:41 am »

I have god news and I have bad news. Good news is, that caged dwarves are moving again. Bad news is they are being transported to animal stockpiles.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:53 am »

Journal of SanDiego, proffesional worrier - part 2
18th Granite
Well, it's benn quite a difficult month, diary. First I agreed that I will use that silk farm DemonicSpoon devised. Worst mistake in my life. Now, we have three kinds of dwarves - those who are building the temple with me, those who are killing each other in baracks and those who got entangled in webs and subsequently sprung a cage trap. I am attempting to do my best to get them out of there, but it's not actually easy with that spider still spitting his webs. I think I will kill DemonicSpoon. Oh, wait, I can't, he still sits in the cage.
Diary, I'm starting to hate this place.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2010, 10:21:24 am »

Once the dwarves remove the webs from the floodgates they srping back up or something, might want to consider replacing them with bridges though. Also:

Mmm, well the silk farm was a success, however I forgot to block off dwarven access before lowering the floodgates and now it is a confusion of dwarves running in to get stuff and getting frightenend and webbed then other dwarves coming in to collect webs, etc. Worst of all is that there are some items blocking the floodgates, I'm going to have to remove the dwarves eyes to get everything sorted out.

EDIT: Well mutilating the dwarves eyes now causes the game to crash, damn, well this will be irritating and full of cancel spam.

EDIT 2: Webbed dwarves or tame creatures are caught by cage traps when standing above them while webbed. This led to some amusing incidents. I wonder if the same would happen to trapavoid creatures like forgotten beasts? This should be utilized.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10