Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Angelsmash [Succession]  (Read 17374 times)

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Angelsmash [Succession]
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:34 pm »

So, after reading through boatmurdered again yesterday, I'm feeling a bit inspired to make a succession game. I'll play a year and pass it off to the next person, and we'll log the more important events with screenshots and whatnot. Fairly simple, I hope.

This is my first succession game, so it should be interesting... in a FUN way of course.

If you wish to play, post a reply saying so and I'll put you on the list.

Year 102 - AzureShadow (completed)
Year 103 - Doomshifter (completed)(possibly failed)
Year 104 - Demonic Spoon
Year 105 - Graebeard
Year 106 - SanDiego
Year 107 - Matuin
Year 108 - Andreas
Year 109 - Fault
Year 110 - AzureShadow

Sediltob - Angelsmash

7th of Granite, year 102

Due to various... incidents back at home, I've been sent along with an expedition to found a new settlement. And what's worse, I'm supposed to be their bookkeeper. Can you believe that? Me, of all people, keeping track of absurd amounts of silly little irrelevant things like seeds and chairs and what have you. Completely ridiculous...

And who in hell named this place, anyway? Angelsmash? That sounds like the name of a big, stupid demon warrior or something to that effect. Doesn't exactly bode well for what terrible things might happen to me here, but I can't exactly do anything about it now can I?

Anyhow, the settling has gone rather smoothly so far... Or at least it seems that way to me. It turns out the entire mountain is made of some kind of red stone... An excellent color, if you ask me. Keeps blood stains discreet and out of sight, and with the lot I'm holed up in here with it's only a matter of time before we see some of those.

26th of Granite

A little something of note - This mountain is LOADED! Not two weeks and our miners have unearthed a large supply of gold, iron, gems, and all sorts of other wonderful little treasures. On top of that, the area is rich in sand and lumber, too. Perhaps this little expedition wasn't such a bad idea after all... it might just mean an early retirement for me.

8th of Hematite

Production has been progressing steadily for the past couple months. Irrigation of the farm plot is nearly finished, trade good production is in full swing, fish and beer are getting churned out regularly... And best of all, my office is furnished! It looks so lavish compared to the rest of this miserable hole. I suspect some of my companions may be growing jealous, but at the very least I deserve something nice for all the effort I've put in, right?

Word has gotten around that there may be a caravan stopping by in another month or so... I'm certainly looking forward to trading for some clothing and perhaps weapons, which we all are in need of at this point.

1st of Limestone

Convenience is amazing. Right after installing the Smelter and Metalworker's Forge next to a Coal deposit, the miners working on the well dug out an enormous supply of hematite. Smelting begins immediately, and with any luck we'll have a nice cache of weapons and armor by winter's end.

Speaking of the seasons, it's the beginning of Autumn which means we'll be seeing a supply caravan soon... Good thing too, because we certainly have a lot to ship out.

1st of Sandstone

A miner and a metalworker showed up today, oddly enough just as I was wishing our metal production could get off its feet a little faster. Perhaps the angels have forgiven the name of our lovely abode?

Also, I've been thinking lately... It's awfully peaceful here. I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Kobold or Goblin at all since we arrived, and from what I've heard of other such expeditions those show up a lot. Well, I can't exactly complain, right?

I'm also fairly convinced our high-and-mighty expedition leader is a total head case. He was installing a floodgate for the construction of the well, and he was standing on the wrong side of it, and it took three days before the rest of it got finished so the thing could be opened. What an idiot...

22nd of Timber

The caravan from Thikenetur has finally arrived! Unfortunately, everyone is too stupid to stop what they're doing to go load up the Trade Depot, so it will still be a while before anything of value happens. The well is done, the forges are running, there's plenty of food and whatnot for winter... Everything's looking good.

18th of Moonstone

These idiots finally loaded up the Trade Depot right before the caravan was going to leave, and we were able to conduct some business. A masterpiece ring the stonecrafter made traded for half of what the caravan brought with them, and all was good. Out of the deal, we made off with a few dozen bits of cloth, a few more anvils, some leather, seeds, clothing, metal... We'll certainly have plenty of tasks for the next wave of idiots who show up to live here, that's for sure.

After all the recent hysteria, mostly everything is unorganized and messy. I'm having everyone, including myself, drop all tasks except making containers and hauling. Hopefully we can get everything reorganized by the end of winter...

28th of Obsidian

Well, as it turns out, the powers that be (whoever they are) have decided that I've done enough and are giving someone else charge of the outpost. I'm not complaining, but I'm fairly sure this place is totally fucked. Regardless, with all hopes that it will succeed, I'm writing down some last-minute instructions for things in case they're needed.

Iron production is going at full speed, the master armorsmith is cranking out armor and the other metalworker is making bars. Gems are being cut, statues are being made, barrels and bins are being made to keep up with demand for them, etc. The farm in the "basement" will probably need re-managing for the next year, but apart from that everything is progressing on its own.

There are three levers set up for floodgates, I highly recommend not touching them unless you enjoy death and destruction, as they control the water for irrigation and the well. There's also a huge amount of metal and whatnot down in that area too, including gold and tetrahedryte if anybody cares to make electrum.

Well, whoever ends up taking up this little piss-hole, good luck. You'll need it.

Oh, and as a final note, here are the stocks for the end of the year.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:26:36 pm by AzureShadow »
These are the kinds of bugs that make DF the game it is.  Magma vanishing?  Oops, it's all being sucked down by hell.
This is how everything works. This, right here, is DF.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Angelsmash [Succession]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »

You've got yourself a deal. Doomy will join you in this endeavour, if only because she got knocked back from the last 31.01 fort she applied to because she had already played it too much D:
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »

Excellent! I'm glad to have your assistance. :)

Would you like me to name a character after you? Two miners, a fisher, a farmer/brewer, a carpenter, and a mason/mechanic are available at the moment, though I'm sure I'll get immigrants relatively soon.
These are the kinds of bugs that make DF the game it is.  Magma vanishing?  Oops, it's all being sucked down by hell.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 10:39:45 pm »

Calling dibs on the mechanic. I always go for the mechanic. They're so shiny and RED.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:56 pm »

All set. I'll be updating the first post as I progress, though the screenshot process is a pain in the ass. Do you know of any way to make them easier besides printscreen into MSPaint?

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:46 am »

Well, I'm done with spring, and it's late so I'm gonna hit the sack. Theoretically I should be able to get the year finished tomorrow and zip it up for you, so I'll talk to you then I suppose.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 12:40:15 am »

Eh, sign me up please.  ;D And name one of the miners after me, I always take one of the miners, miners are badass. Theirs is the only skill used during war and peace, i.e. mining.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 01:59:52 am »

I'm in, dibs on first doctor.

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 10:01:31 am »

Excellent! I wasn't expecting anyone to sign up, but this is looking good.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 10:07:10 am »

definitely watching, though not playing.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 11:23:01 am »

I'm soooo joining this one.

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 11:40:20 am »

Welcome aboard!  :D

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »

http://rapidshare.com/files/371674114/region.rar

There's the end of the first year. Doomshifter, it's all yours as long as you confirm in the next 24 hours, otherwise you will be put on the bottom of the list, etc.

Don't feel rushed, either. Make a post with your log and screenshots and whatnot, and take a few days to do it. Good luck!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 04:36:07 pm »

I'm up for it! I call a stonecrafter!
くコ:彡

arrowplain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 05:16:31 pm »

Damn it, doctors taken. How about... an Axedwarf? Get this military started.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10