Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SPOILERS Underground  (Read 2912 times)

DaDorfDigger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
SPOILERS Underground
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »

So i found one of those underground temples and now there is a room called upright adamantine scimitar, has anyone actually gotten to this room?

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: SPOILERS Underground
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 02:40:43 am »

*forum search used*

i found one too and i badly want to take it for my soldiers, but i have no idea how to actually take the sword and what to do in fortress mode at all :/
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:02:37 am »

There might be a forbidden tag on it.They stop you from moving them if they have that. But wait, underground temple? Oooo, last i heard, if you remove the item in there, hell holes open up and your fortress gets swarmed with demons. Unless it's a temple i'm getting wrong.

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:11:09 am »

So i found one of those underground temples and now there is a room called upright adamantine scimitar, has anyone actually gotten to this room?

DO NOT TOUCH IT IF YOU LIKE YOUR FORTRESS ALIVE.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:39:21 am »

but i wanted it to touch! i just have no idea how to do :( i tried with claim and everything :(
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 04:12:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know what to tell you about actually taking the sword.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:47:57 am »

If there's a room around it, maybe you have to order it to be deconstructed? (q-x)
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:31 pm »

Ran into my first forgotten beast. Luckily it Couldn't fly and I've only been exploring via stalactite Catwalks.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »

Come on, demons aren't that hard, its just when they come in a never ending wave things get tricky.

Just do what Urist McJones did in that movie with the bad of sand.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:46:21 pm »

GAH! STAY AWAY FROM IT! THE UNDEAD ARE NOT FRIENDLY! Argh. That's what killed my first fort with 31.01 you know. Stay awaaaay!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:48:44 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:48:58 pm »

GAH! STAY AWAY FROM IT! THE UNDEAD ARE NOT FRIENDLY! Argh. That's what killed my first fort you know. Stay awaaaay!
Did you remember to offer them  cup of tea? Maybe you offended them...

Level_8_Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 11:14:06 pm »

I found a adamintium sword like that on my first fort, It's a building so deconstruct it to get the sword. Just becareful as there will be alot of demons when you take it.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 11:58:59 pm »

Maybe you could have your fastest running dwarf take the sword and run away while your mason builds a wall that will complete just in time behind him. Perhaps with a kitten distraction force for your rear guard. Do ballistas or upright spike traps work on clowns or whatever it is that appears?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 12:02:22 am »

Oh ho, how I remember the first time I deconstructed the upright adamantine scimitar.  Bye bye fort.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:28:58 am »

Mine was a two handed sword. I prepared beforehand with squads armed with masterwork gear and artifacts and I even managed to get a military dwarf to equip the adamantine two hander, but they all still died to unkillable beasts composed of nothing but wings and a one piece body. Both wings were quickly chopped off pretty much all of them, but the bodies apparently flopped around on the ground and breathed poison until all my dwarves died.

They did kill about 50 demons, though - most of them weren't that bad. If not for the wave of unkillable ones I might have made it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: [1] 2