Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Stuff of a metal not in metalsmith forge's menu.  (Read 1107 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Making Stuff of a metal not in metalsmith forge's menu.
« on: April 02, 2010, 05:45:25 pm »

How can you do it? I want to try out my metal experiment.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Making Stuff of a metal not in metalsmith forge's menu.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:46:48 pm »

Your best bet would be to make a custom reaction that produces an item made of the desired substance.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:04:28 pm »

Your best bet would be to make a custom reaction that produces an item made of the desired substance.
I don't know how to make items out of that, only metal bars and rock. instructions/wiki link please.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 06:10:13 pm »

I'm not altogether certain how the new reaction raws work.  I'm sure with a bit of forum searching and some experiments with the new raws you'll work it out.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:33:47 pm »

If the forge's menu is still working as it did in the past, which I would think it would, it will show up in that menu unless it doesn't exist.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »

If the forge's menu is still working as it did in the past, which I would think it would, it will show up in that menu unless it doesn't exist.
Its not, though. I can make several dozen bars of it and it won't appear in the menu. just iron, bronze, copper, steel, adamantine, etc. are there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:41:45 pm »

I'm assuming you didn't forget the relevant item tags on the metal?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You didn't add this metal after world generation (as that is now possible without the game blowing up) by any chance, did you?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »

I'm assuming you didn't forget the relevant item tags on the metal?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You didn't add this metal after world generation (as that is now possible without the game blowing up) by any chance, did you?
no, but I did edit it a bit so that the rock to metal reaction would work properly. regenning now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:20:35 pm »

Argh. It shows up in the smith now, and the smelter reaction makes bars of it(which weigh 400 for some reason), but if i try to make anything with it, they go to the metalsmith, pause a second, then cancel because they need bars of my metal. its right there! and how did it become that heavy?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:48 pm »

We're going to need a copy of your metal and the reaction you used to be able to tell you anything.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:31:16 pm »

Ok then. It had a reagent, but i removed it so I could test it faster.
Spoiler: Smelter Reaction (click to show/hide)

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:54 pm »

As far as weight: Well, you DO have it set to be almost twice as dense as LEAD...
As far as bars: It seems to have problems finding things inside bins or something from what I hear.  Or you don't have ENOUGH of said bars.

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 11:18:44 pm »

[SOLID_DENSITY:20000]

SOLID_DENSITY seems to be Specific Gravity x1000.  Your metal is denser than pure gold, thus it should be pretty heavy. ;D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 11:29:59 pm »

As far as weight: Well, you DO have it set to be almost twice as dense as LEAD...
can a dwarf even lift that?
testing at density <= lead...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 11:16:36 am »

I give up. the reaction disappeared from the smelter menu as soon as i made it lighter and regenned.  :-[
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext