Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: deleted  (Read 8454 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2010 (Part XII)
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 06:06:15 pm »

If you are lucky, then you might find a magma pipe. ;)

And you don't need mechanisms for the hatch covers to work! And if you don't want your dwarves to go though them just 'forbid passage'!

If you haven't already you should appoint a chief medical dwarf and make a hospital, infections, even on fingers, can kill.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:17:46 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38:54 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:41:56 pm by MC Dirty »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2010, 07:50:31 pm »

And you don't need mechanisms for the hatch covers to work! And if you don't want your dwarves to go though them just 'forbid passage'!
Isn't it the same like doors? I set doors to forbidden and tightly closed, water doesn't get through it, so there's water behind the door. I set doors to allowed and pet-passable, but the water still doesn't go through it! You also can't close doors when there's water in the same tile, but that's another story.
The stairs are kind of in the middle of the room and I don't want the space behind the stairs to stay dry, so I don't want the water to go through the hatch covers.
That's no problem. The problem is to open up the hatches, so dwarves go through them again.
Or maybe, that'll work...

I think the dwarves will open them, just as long as they don't have to go through a deep tile of water, like, say, 7/7 deep tiles.

Also, you might want to break into the second cavern if you want cyan, red, pink, purple, and black beds. ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:52:23 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2010, 08:02:17 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:42:02 pm by MC Dirty »

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 04:11:21 am »

Well, water is more easily handled using floodgates, as they were designed for this use, doors seem bit impractical to me. Floodgates are from begining designed to be operated by levers and have also wider use, can be placed in wider coridors (do not have to be adjacent to a wall like doors), so they can be also used as emergency measure to seal off parts of fortress (e.g. you have emergency lever that erects a 'wall' created from say five floodgates across corridor making a virtually impenetrable barrier).
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2010 (Part XIII)
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 04:48:17 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:42:06 pm by MC Dirty »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »

I'm the master, I pulled a lever, and then I went on break. :P

Strangely I'm also the first viewer.

How is the metal industry going? it should be going like clockwork.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 06:49:38 pm »

I think I might have a fix for the shell problem, since now you can only get shells from processing the raw turtles at the fishery workshop(and any turtle or lobster you can trade for or embark with are ready to eat and de-shelled). Make a channel from the brook to one of the dry murky pools and once it fills with water mark it as a fishing zone, hopefully there will be turtles to catch.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:55:15 pm by Nirreln »
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 07:41:55 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:42:10 pm by MC Dirty »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:19 pm »

You know It's not all that dangerous to dig a one tile up/down stair all the way down into the magma sea and then floor over it right?

;)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 01:01:29 pm »

You know It's not all that dangerous to dig a one tile up/down stair all the way down into the magma sea and then floor over it right?

;)
My fortress in Cave 1 disagrees with you.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 01:08:47 pm »

;)
My fortress in Cave 1 disagrees with you.
Well, that's how I got into Cavern lv3 without a hitch, and I'm now mining Adamantine. ;D

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »

I have my hospitals overloaded. Medical staff overworked. Burying left and right. Refuse stockpiles overflowing with corpses and remains. Everyone hanging on edge of breaking. Bedridden dwarves tantruming and attacking their surgeons.

Mind that this merely describes standart status of a FULLY sealed and trapped fortress on Cave level 1. So, no, I would not describe it as 'safe' or 'not as dangerous'.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2010 (Part XIV)
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 03:56:25 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:42:15 pm by MC Dirty »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2010 (Part XIV)
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 04:59:49 pm »

I call arsenal dwarf!

Please? If so, you have to give me an office. if you want a military, you HAVE to have a arsenal dwarf.

Also, surgery is bugged, as your doctor usually never finishes, so you better be more careful here on.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:04:46 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7