Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: deleted  (Read 8443 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 04:11:05 pm »

"boy-bo-bu-bu-brum-brum-bo-ba-bouyers THE GUY WHO BUILDS BOWS, shut up!" ;D

And give our masons something to do, get them making doors.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 04:32:46 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:41:30 pm by MC Dirty »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 04:36:32 pm »

Well, the way I see it is that adding doors will still leave you with 5 squares, and it trains masons too, it even adds happy thoughts if it is of good quality, so there is no down side to adding doors. (apart from the rocks needed to make it, and you have plenty of rocks)

Edit; is that sapphire I see in the bauxite cluster?! Mine it out!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:42:30 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:10 pm »

Also, Itnetlolor, you'll get your dwarf tomorrow, but I can't promise that you'll get an engraver. All three engravers are named, but I have so many idlers that it's possible that I'll have some of them engrave.
I once had an engraver squad of seven dwarves. It was awesome.
That's okay. I haven't gone through the whole LP just yet, so I wasn't quite aware the job situation. Thanks anyway. I don't mind any other job, as long as it's not doctor. I'm not a fan of dealing with injuries.

EDIT:
High Master Trapper/Tanner? Sweet. I accept. I don't think it's a bug, but awesome nonetheless.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:50:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:41:35 pm by MC Dirty »

Smurf666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »

can you set me to engraveing or mineing please?

if you can't then any job will do ;D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 04:57:09 pm »

A door can act as a wall, or as a decoration, what I mean is the 'internal/external' sets how the door behaves, if it is external then it acts as a wall (and a door) and the room cannot expand past it, if it is internal then it acts as a decoration (and a door) and does not block the expansion, and since dwarves can smooth underneath the door, what's to stop them from engraving underneath it?

Missing one engraving is minor, since a legendary engraver will make masterpiece engravings nearly everywhere, I usually train my engravers to a high level before engraving since they will make much better engravings then a low level one.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:36 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:41:43 pm by MC Dirty »

Smurf666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2010, 04:15:28 am »

Wow... O_O

thats good ;D

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2010, 09:29:04 am »

I'll be a dwarf. I don't mind which profession.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2010, 11:44:12 am »

Sign me up for a dwarf as well.  You can make them a fisherdwarf if you want.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 11:46:34 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:41:47 pm by MC Dirty »

Smurf666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Dwarf Fortress 2010 (Part XI)
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2010, 01:20:17 pm »

you're save the FPS idea is very good ;D i must remember that :)

i wonder why i never thought of it ???

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2010, 05:19:37 pm »

A star sapphire... rope...

Ah well.

Also, you do know that next to that gem cutter's workshop there's another star sapphire, right? ;D

And, since you've got legendary miners, you know you can do a (small) mega-project with them right? As long as it involves digging.

Try an underground tower. ;D

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2010, 06:03:33 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:41:52 pm by MC Dirty »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7