Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The most awesome Cave Swallowman ever [minor spoilers]  (Read 71926 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The most awesome Cave Swallowman ever [minor spoilers]
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 12:09:31 am »

Monom McMedicaldwarf: Aye, ye both be soft! Were it not for the scratch on my left ear I would thrash you both!
Hah, can I sig this?

Also, should we put more information on Asax's legendary exploits on the wikipage, and maybe link to this thread?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2010, 12:15:53 am »

Monom McMedicaldwarf: Aye, ye both be soft! Were it not for the scratch on my left ear I would thrash you both!
Hah, can I sig this?

Feel free!

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most awesome Cave Swallowman ever [spoileriffic]
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2010, 12:51:24 am »

...I can't believe it.
There was a goblin ambush.  Master lasher Atu Wraithwhipped managed to do what three of the most appalling abominations in all of creation, two of them immortals, failed to; kill Âsax.  Âsax defended the fortress as nobly as any of my actual soldiers, but evidently, his specialty was in dealing with freakish behemoths, not armed, armored goblins.
Those gobbo bastards managed to kill two of my most popular and useful dwarves as well; I may be looking at a fatal tantrum spiral thanks to them.
What a strange little tale.  Atu Wraithwhipped... I'll remember that name, and if the fortress falls, I've got a goblin to hunt down in Adventurer mode.

Okay. Somebody upload that save. Seriously, we need his Wiki Information. He's too bad ass.

Once we get the Legends info on this guy who killed 3, if not more, forgotten beasts, then we make his article. He is FAR too bad ass to simply disappear.
...Sorry, there isn't any, really.  Copying everything worthy of note in his legends description.  Âsax is goblin for Masterjails, by the way, since the underground peoples use goblin as their communication language.

Masterjails was a cave swallow man born in 1042.  He was of unknown parentage.

In the early autumn of 1053, Masterjails mortally wounded the forgotten beast Rusmo Mournfulcackled, who suffocated, with Squareluck the Tones of Safety in Reignstake.

[Yes, Âsax was 11 years old when he killed Rusmo.]

In the early summer of 1054, Moroserivers the Decent Salve received its name in Reignstake from Masterjails.

In the early summer of 1054, The Cyclopean Tar received its name in Reignstake from Masterjails.

[So on and so forth for many pages...]

In the early spring of 1055, Masterjails bled to death, slain by the goblin Atu Wraithwhipped with a silver whip in Reignstake.

Yeah, that's pretty much his entire life according to legends mode.  It misses the months spent fighting undying abominations of ash and coral, though, dodging attack after attack, without suffering anything worse than a broken toe, but there isn't much to say about him.  He only had thirteen years of life, though with them, he achieved more than the average elf does in a thousand.

I think the sheer ordinariness of him makes him all the more awesome.  He wasn't chosen by some mighty god, or born to some ancient lineage.  He did not wield mighty artifacts or arcane magics.  He was a cave swallowman with a fungiwood spear and a tunnel tube shield, who dared to challenge the unspeakable... and won.

Making the page for him. But seriously, get us the full list of names for his spears and shields.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Asax

Would you mind if I made that a redirect to http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Âsax?

Edit: Never mind I already did.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:53:43 am by wrytalin »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2010, 05:36:06 am »

Well this is interesting.  I just lost a fort to demons and then tried to reclaim it.  When I came back there were a bunch of groups of hostile animal people now camping out in my caves.  Then the demons saw them and started swarming up to kill them.  One of the named demons of soot got killed by the Olm People, so I went and looked at the Olm Woman Blowgunner who had delivered the killing blow and found that she was now friendly.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2010, 05:42:26 am »

...So if animalmen kill something impressive, they turn friendly?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:16 am »

...So if animalmen kill something impressive, they turn friendly?

That's what's been happening so far.  Every animal man that's killed a named demon in this game hopeless reclaim attempt has turned friendly.

Also, reclaim attempts against underworld breached forts seem totally hopeless.  Unless I'm missing something.  I haven't been able to see much of anything but Slade floors and eerily glowing pits.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2010, 05:54:29 am »

That was... surprisingly badass. Makes me feel somewhat unworthy in comparison, as I've yet to see a single forgotten beast, let alone defeat one. Âsax needs a shrine-fortress dedicated entirely to him, preferably one made of gold.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2010, 09:15:39 am »

im the greatest artist in the entire forum and i commit to draw the awesomeness of Âsax

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2010, 02:37:03 pm »

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »

That is pretty awesome.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2010, 04:17:39 pm »

Someone needs to draw Âsax with Kamina's shades. :P

This has been an unexpected and amusing read.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2010, 04:55:47 pm »

Wow, putting cave swallow men against ultra strong monsters and watch then go for a dance lesson is awesome! Seems that cave swallow men are pro is the dodging skill.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »

Well this is interesting.  I just lost a fort to demons and then tried to reclaim it.  When I came back there were a bunch of groups of hostile animal people now camping out in my caves.  Then the demons saw them and started swarming up to kill them.  One of the named demons of soot got killed by the Olm People, so I went and looked at the Olm Woman Blowgunner who had delivered the killing blow and found that she was now friendly.

Pretty sure this is a bug; if the cave people attack another critter that is hostile to your dwarves, they become friendly.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2010, 06:40:54 pm »

Well it does sort of make sense, join forces to destroy a common enemy. Goblins and elephants have been doing it for years!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2010, 06:50:24 pm »

Awesome! But they have no arms.

So he should probably hold the spear in his beak and the shield should be stripped to his body. (Or they use their wings to hold them..)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10