Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: It's not the HFS that kills you [SPOILERS]  (Read 3384 times)

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's not the HFS that kills you [SPOILERS]
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:23:34 pm »

It's not the demons that kill you... it's the fall into their home that really hurts.  There are like 5 z-levels from the adamantine chute down into the funhouse, and the only way my adventurer could get down to the really nasty toughies was to make the plunge.  Well, I survived... briefly.

Of course, the demons help!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
Re: It's not the HFS that kills you [SPOILERS]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:35:04 pm »

Those are some interesting critters. Most intriguing.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »

How do you get to the HFS in adventure mode? Just dig a tunnel down in dwarfy mode?

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 10:48:10 pm »

Yup.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »

well there some word about a awesome sword that one could pull that makes a stairwell down best to save the sword pulling for the fable chosen one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:30:35 am »

Hmmm, if you were to make dwarves able to fly so that you could survive the fall, would they abuse it in worldgen/fortress mode?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:21:30 am »

Haha, I just played as a Dragonborn (modded race) char. Luckily, he could fly!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:10:25 am »

well there some word about a awesome sword that one could pull that makes a stairwell down best to save the sword pulling for the fable chosen one.

If that is true, then all one would need for a "safe" trip to Clown Land is to dig a hole to the ruins and remove the sword in adventure mode. Granted, this requires getting past the invunerable skeletal creatures only to be horrificly murdered by demons, but thus is the life of an dwarf. On the other hand, you could run away, ensuring the world has a direct highway to hell. I'm sure the civs will find that fun.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:42:33 am »

If that is true, then all one would need for a "safe" trip to Clown Land is to dig a hole to the ruins and remove the sword in adventure mode. Granted, this requires getting past the invunerable skeletal creatures only to be horrificly murdered by demons, but thus is the life of an dwarf. On the other hand, you could run away, ensuring the world has a direct highway to hell. I'm sure the civs will find that fun.
or you could just make the pit to hell next to a goblin fort. they love horrors of the deep and many of those witches will just move in and take up jobs like law enforcer, judge, janitor so going back to reclaim is easy.
"body swapping and YOU!"

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »

Real adventurers don't do that. They stock up on supplies and make friendly with the underground civ's they meet with while they seek out the mythic TEMPLE OF DOOM!
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 10:46:38 pm »

Real adventurers don't do that. They stock up on supplies and make friendly with the underground civ's they meet with while they seek out the mythic TEMPLE OF DOOM!

I'm pretty sure the ruins don't ever get an exposed path unless you make them dig one in fortress mode. But 2010 has only been out a few days now, so I guess it could be possible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »

DF spelunky comes to mind... la mulana more for it's graphics. I wonder if I should mod in a skimpy dress that's wearable?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 10:56:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure the ruins don't ever get an exposed path unless you make them dig one in fortress mode. But 2010 has only been out a few days now, so I guess it could be possible.

Actually, someone has already gotten there through just adventure mode. Look at the underground exploration thread.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »

5 z-level drop? You got lucky... I've already seen at least two instances where it was better than a dozen from the lowest point, even more from the absolute top of the chute (more like forty or fifty, in that case).

HFS flooring seems to act a little differently when you land on it, though; I had an adamantine-dwarf adventurer that had made several 5+ z drops die to falling only two onto the stuff. Might've just been an odd material reaction, what with the adamantine tissue hitting something harder than itself... for once.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 06:50:32 am »

Haha, I just played as a Dragonborn (modded race) char. Luckily, he could fly!

How do you fly with a modded flying race?
Pages: [1] 2