Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Angry Mac Owner Thread  (Read 2946 times)

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Angry Mac Owner Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 07:31:47 pm »

DF would suck on an iPad. You need a keyboard, and the iPad doesn't have one. Personally, I think it would be way better as a touchscreen laptop.
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 08:41:48 pm »

DF would suck on an iPad. You need a keyboard, and the iPad doesn't have one. Personally, I think it would be way better as a touchscreen laptop.
Urgh, all these new members with there "Ohh dwarf fortress uses MOUSE! lets use it for everything!" while everyone else is kept to the keyboard style
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Sean_W

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 08:52:25 pm »

Update, using wine and the accelorator i'm capping out at 100 fps. I have just embarked and if something screws up I will report back.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 09:22:01 pm »

In any case, I actually have only run into one bug thus far.  I don't see why people keep saying this release is 'buggy' - none of the bugs reported so far seem all that major, to be honest.

Pathfinding, job incompetence, and crashes are the major ones.

The big problem itself is not singular major problems, but stacks of minor problems.  For example, dwarves requiring body parts (I don't think anyone's completed one yet, but I would like to see a high boot menacing with spikes of left goblin foot) and typos/parse errors (stone bars - impossible to make, actually mean metal bars) that confuse people.

Also the boiling hot face-melting rain is somewhat of a hurdle for some.  There are ways around that, too.

True.  And thinking back, I suppose I've technically encountered two bugs (including the 'underground farming requiring muddy ground' bug).

However, it hasn't really affected my playing the game.  Of course, I can understand why pathfinding issues and job incompetence would be frustrating.

Not face-melting rain, however.  That sounds awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]