Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunters don't hunt  (Read 748 times)

Klad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hunters don't hunt
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »

I just started playing this, so it might be my ignorance, but if i assign someone to hunt and provide him: Bolts, crossbow and quiver he does nothing at all and just hangs around with "No Job" status. There is wildlife around so i don't think that is the problem. If anyone can fill me in on what is happening i'll be grateful.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters don't hunt
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

I have the same problem. I thought it was because I didn't have any quivers, but I guess not.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Stephmo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 05:23:49 pm »

Did you set the hunter to use bolts for ammunition on the military screen? m (military) > f (ammunition) > c (add new)

I've had some luck with hunters, but it seems to only work some of the time.

talrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 05:41:54 pm »

I got em working after designating bolts, making sure they had quivers, setting via military screen to use crossbow, then un-designating and re-designating the dwarf as a hunter.

It's hilarious since bolts have been nerfed, watching a mountain goat get shot and then run, spreading trails of blood EVERYWHERE above ground.   I'm sure he made a sigil to summon cthulhu or something.

Klad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 03:50:05 am »

Mine simply won't do anything even though i did everything as requested. Even if I set a dwarf to be a Marksdwarf and supply him everything, he would just sit around doing nothing. Help me please!
In general the whole military concept is really complicated, even if I followed the guide dwarfs don't train, hunters don't hunt. Only two dwarfs out of five which I appointed as axedwarfs do something. I much prefered the old military system which was simpler, yet effective. :(
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:53:07 am by Klad »