Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lake thaw lockup, wait it out on embark  (Read 435 times)

Mylar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lake thaw lockup, wait it out on embark
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »

So, I have a very nice embark with a lake, a river running into it, a mountain biome with a pinensula into the lake, and some woodlands.

When I got to the site I was suprised to see most of it covered in snow with the lake frozen solid.

I made my inital digging orders, set out some stockpiles to unload the wagon, and unpaused, a few frames in the game locked up and crashed.

I figured it was the thaw hitting, so I tried several times, just letting it sit and run, but each time it froze up while unfreezing the lake.

I loaded the inital embark save, did _NOTHING_ but unpause. My dorfs milled about for a few frames and then the game went into thaw lockup... it lasted  over 15 minutes, but finally I heard it stop chugging away and sure enough, the lake is thawed and I'm playing happily.

If you see an ice lake in the new version, give it a few minutes to thaw before putting in any orders, my guess is that the thawing lake lag was compounded by the pathfinind constantly being reworked as the dorfs were refiguring their paths over the ever reduced walkable area.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lake thaw lockup, wait it out on embark
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:42:49 pm »

There seems to be alot of lag issues with this release which will most likely will be fixed when merged with the 40d stuff. I've had it crash when using the site finder on a large world.