Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military FAIL!  (Read 1215 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Military FAIL!
« on: April 02, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »

well being new to the military equip thing i told my guys to use battle axes thinking they would use the iron ones i made... they used the wooden ones. Well a while later, I see some trogs in the underground and im like sweet something to kill, my woodcutter who was down there pulled a luke skywalker on one and chopped of her right hand, then the F-Team rolls in and proceeds to bash the wooden axe, which were more like clubs on the trog breaking all of its bones, while another goes and maims my trapper who was collecting wood. I guess its time to test out Dwarfbama's health care plan!
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military FAIL!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:51:08 pm »

I haven't messed with the military but I believe I read somewhere about having to set up training weapons and actual weapons separately, don't quote me.
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:28:15 pm »

Well on a side note I like healthcare, Dr. Carpenter has successfully diagnosed my dog has no eyes, then went and slept in the bed next to the guy bleeding out... Go Malpractice!!!
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

small lawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:39:58 pm »

I foresee an awfully large amount of Fun with the new healthcare system.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:45:14 pm »

There will be Fun.
My surgeon ("hey there, Urist McButcher, would you like to be a doctor?") would probably be a very happy dwarf, with all the "took joy in slaughter recently" ;)
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 02:56:20 pm »

Set my dwarves to use training weapons as a uniform in hopes they go train. One of the soldiers went fey and demanded a stone bar(wtf?) which resulted in a berserk.
I promptly order my other dwarves to kill him and they charge him with their wooden training swords.
Now they are all legendary fighters, and a legendary misc object user, and I've started to hope the damn dwarf starve because I've already let the sane ones have a lunch pause.
Oh, and now i have a named training sword >_<
-edit- Hah. He was Dualwielding so now there are two named training swords.

Lession learned: Never try to kill something with training weapons.
Conclusion: Training weapons - exploitable.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:02:39 pm by Ivefan »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »

Set my dwarves to use training weapons as a uniform in hopes they go train. One of the soldiers went fey and demanded a stone bar(wtf?) which resulted in a berserk.
I promptly order my other dwarves to kill him and they charge him with their wooden training swords.
Now they are all legendary fighters, and a legendary misc object user, and I've started to hope the damn dwarf starve because I've already let the sane ones have a lunch pause.

so lock a berserk in a room install a safety hatch so the trainee can leave and order dwarfs to kill the berserk.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 03:43:58 pm »

You can micromanage weapons... at the very least if you're concerned about them equipping iron you can actually go into their uniforms and assign each dwarf in the squad a specific non-training weapon.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »

I didn't have any other weapons. Though it took such long time to get rid of the berserker that I started producing steel, I just expected him to die so i didn't bother to make weapons for the dwarves.

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

Oh, and now i have a named training sword >_<
-edit- Hah. He was Dualwielding so now there are two named training swords.

Stone bars are blocks of special material (like coal, potash, ash, pearlash, and soap). I had a metalsmith go fey and request one. Although soap would have been hilarious, I settled for coal.
"Extinction is not an option."