Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123614 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #16770 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:56 pm »

does the phoebus image pack make the game slower?

EDIT: yes it does, and a lot... i switched to mayday and now i have 235fps and not 53 fps with 62 dwarfs..
so now  to see  how much dwarf i can handle  and still have 100 fps..
What? why? that's absolutely illogical.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Relapse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16771 on: January 14, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

Can I build a glass roof over outside tiles and still have an above ground farm?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16772 on: January 14, 2012, 09:59:26 pm »

You can build a granite roof over outside tiles and still have an aboveground farm.  One a tile has been exposed to the sky, it will always be aboveground, no matter what you build over it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #16773 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:08 pm »

EDIT: yes it does, and a lot... i switched to mayday and now i have 235fps and not 53 fps with 62 dwarfs..

Yes, I'd also like some more official information on this. Why would one graphics pack have such a performance boost over another? I always thought the graphics packs were just a screen by which you watched the game, but the game was still the same "behind" the screen. Is this not the case? I mean, if the graphics packs take up more power, then they should use my top of the line graphics card, and be no problem....right?

!!Sock!!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16774 on: January 15, 2012, 12:32:11 am »

Hey I've been wonder if anyone knows how I can stop tiles from being uneven looking in length and height?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:47:39 am by !!Sock!! »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16775 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:53 am »

Hey I've been wonder if anyone knows how I can stop tiles from being uneven looking in length and height?
If you are just using the ascii graphics then I believe that going into init.txt and changing [FULLFONT:curses_800x600.png] into [FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png] will do it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

!!Sock!!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16776 on: January 15, 2012, 02:42:01 am »

If you are just using the ascii graphics then I believe that going into init.txt and changing [FULLFONT:curses_800x600.png] into [FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png] will do it.

It work, thanks for the help.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16777 on: January 15, 2012, 03:57:30 am »

Do dwarves still admire weapon traps? I've got three of them stuffed with masterpiece silver spikes that I created while training my weaponsmith positioned across the only entrance to my dining room (which incidentally sends the value of the dining room through the roof) but I have yet to notice the "admired a fine trap lately" thought from any of my dwarves.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16778 on: January 15, 2012, 04:09:15 am »

Do dwarves still admire weapon traps? I've got three of them stuffed with masterpiece silver spikes that I created while training my weaponsmith positioned across the only entrance to my dining room (which incidentally sends the value of the dining room through the roof) but I have yet to notice the "admired a fine trap lately" thought from any of my dwarves.
They now would much less likely to show appreciation if they just pass by something. From what I gather, personality and mind stats affect this, but I dont know to what extend.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

joihnsonlee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16779 on: January 15, 2012, 04:51:00 am »

what's the differnce between 40d and d2010?

and is d2010 complete?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16780 on: January 15, 2012, 05:02:34 am »

what's the differnce between 40d and d2010?

and is d2010 complete?
Massive amounts of difference. Tons of new features, lots of new content, completely revamped and more realistic bodies and materials. If you think of 40d as version 1, then 2010 is like version 5. As for completeness, no, I don't think DF will ever be able to be termed "complete" as far as things go. It is certainly the most complete version in existence currently though, as right now it is all of the way up to about 31% of the things planned to be in version 1.0
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

joihnsonlee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: January 15, 2012, 07:28:22 am »

is DF31.21 DF2010

and is Stonesense Slate is only compatible with the 2010 versions of DF, that is 31.x

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #16782 on: January 15, 2012, 07:40:22 am »

yeah i was thinking the same but on my pc  it is just slower with phoebus..
i would love to play with phoebus couse its way better looking
i was late last nighte so i will test it out again today (mabye i change something more then only the image pack)

edit: okay  never mind all that its the same  FPS for both 64 dwarf and bunch of animal is 185~190 fps
i probely mixed something up in the setting yesterday...
sorry for the bullcrap
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:49:19 am by Jaylow »
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16783 on: January 15, 2012, 11:31:22 am »

Does breaching all three cavern layers improve the speed at which moss/fungus grows on underground soil layers, as opposed to just breaching the first one?  I know you get a greater variety of trees (and possibly fungus?), but no idea if it affects the speed of growth at all.

I want my underground pasture to be ready faster, dammit!  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #16784 on: January 15, 2012, 02:09:49 pm »

i breached the river  but the water only flows a 110 tiles to a room and then stops, and all tiles are  like 1 or 2 deep at that point
is this normal?

i was thinking, if i breach a river  it will flow  as much as it has room and fill up everthing to 7/7
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 1178