Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123653 times)

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #16725 on: January 09, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »

Is there a way to persuade humans to stop sending sieges?
Now in my third siege they sent their general. Will killing him change anything?

They used to visit with caravans. Now after some ambushers killed their diplomat (or two) they are mad at me.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #16726 on: January 09, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »

Do fortifications block sight?
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16727 on: January 09, 2012, 11:05:35 pm »

Do fortifications block sight?
No I don't believe that they do.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16728 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:05 pm »

Now in my third siege they sent their general. Will killing him change anything?

They used to visit with caravans. Now after some ambushers killed their diplomat (or two) they are mad at me.

I've never had this happen to me, but it's my understanding that after you beat back enough sieges they may send a diplomat to request peace.  Something along these lines happened in a community fort I'm part of anyway.

Killing the general probably won't change anything.  I believe the only effect this can have is like when you kill a goblin general and there's nobody to train exotic mounts for them to use in sieges.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16729 on: January 10, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »

I've never had this happen to me, but it's my understanding that after you beat back enough sieges they may send a diplomat to request peace.  Something along these lines happened in a community fort I'm part of anyway.

Killing the general probably won't change anything.  I believe the only effect this can have is like when you kill a goblin general and there's nobody to train exotic mounts for them to use in sieges.

Well, now I am not sure. Because after that third siege from humans they sent a diplomat next year. Also a human caravan arrived even before this diplomat moved near the entrance to my fortress. Perhaps just a coincidence.

Now only what to do with 200 severed legs and arms and horses (those axelords are way nastier than serrated disc traps :o). Last ambush was repelled with goblin and human bone bolts ;D.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16730 on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:39 pm »

Well, now I am not sure. Because after that third siege from humans they sent a diplomat next year. Also a human caravan arrived even before this diplomat moved near the entrance to my fortress. Perhaps just a coincidence.

Now only what to do with 200 severed legs and arms and horses (those axelords are way nastier than serrated disc traps :o). Last ambush was repelled with goblin and human bone bolts ;D.

Flower arranging is a nice hobby. Sadly DF doesn't have flowers.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16731 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:10 pm »

Why are there sand bags and siege ammo in my siege ammo stockpile? What do I disable to only have the siege ammo there?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16732 on: January 10, 2012, 09:38:31 pm »

Press 'u' when looking at the stockpiles screen to disable sand bags.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16733 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »

Flower arranging is a nice hobby. Sadly DF doesn't have flowers.
You can arrange mushrooms with restricted underground floors. Eventually a shrub with color of your liking will grow up there.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Zaroua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16734 on: January 11, 2012, 02:22:37 am »

I believe the only effect this can have is like when you kill a goblin general and there's nobody to train exotic mounts for them to use in sieges.

Is it possible to mod the game so that the general doesn't attack enemy territories? I like my goblin invasions when they show up on Jabberers and other big beasties.

Sarlare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16735 on: January 11, 2012, 12:54:53 pm »

How does one go about changing the embark site size? Not entirely sure if this is in the domain of modding, but figured I would ask here first.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #16736 on: January 11, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »

When selecting an embark site, you can change the size with U,M,K,H (ie shift+u,m,k,h). You can also change the default from 4x4 in '\data\init\d_init.txt'.

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16737 on: January 11, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

How would I get a dwarf to stand in one spot? I don't seem to be able to do it with burrows.
*insert witty signature here*

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16738 on: January 11, 2012, 03:33:15 pm »

Build a lever on that spot.  Set the lever permissions so that only that dwarf can use it.  Disable all labor on that dwarf.  Set the lever to be pulled on repeat.

You could also assign him to a squad and station the squad on that spot, but that only guarantees getting him to stand somewhere near it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #16739 on: January 11, 2012, 05:37:39 pm »

I feel ya clockout. Getting my military into the tiny danger rooms is a hassle and a half. I tried burrows, move orders, etc. I wish when you gave the order "stand HERE" they would stand...there.
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 1178