Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123787 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #16590 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:23 pm »

What about smoothed and/or engraved natural floors?
If they are irrigated then yes, I believe they can grow moss.
I could be wrong.

Also, dwarves are much more likely to clean smoother/engraved indoor surfaces.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16591 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:24 pm »

Lock the cleaning crew out... got it. :P

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16592 on: December 19, 2011, 10:37:41 pm »

You could just turn off the cleaning labour.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16593 on: December 19, 2011, 10:40:39 pm »

Just don't smooth the floors.  Dwarves won't clean mud off non-smoothed rock floors.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16594 on: December 19, 2011, 11:27:49 pm »

Too late for that; I'm repurposing an old room for use as a pasture. Though, if it gets too annoying, I guess I'll dig out a new one. The miners can take a break from gem-hunting for a while. With my luck of course they'll break into a cavern and get their little dwarfy necks snapped by something with way too many legs...

Currently am getting the beginnings of shrubs and trees on a muddy smoothed floor. No moss or fungus yet. Fingers crossed.

ETA: Ah-ha! Floor fungus. Covered by mud, but it's there.

*kicks the animal haulers off their drunk hineys and orders them to start hauling sheep*
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:33:26 pm by Callista »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16595 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »

I believe you can unsmooth a stone floor by building then unbuilding a construction on that tile.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16596 on: December 21, 2011, 06:48:33 am »

Question: if I choose a Baron, then have him killed, will the Outpost Liason make trade treaties (import, export) with me till the end of the world?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16597 on: December 21, 2011, 07:22:32 am »

You mean if your dwarf gets killed before the liaison leaves the map? I have no idea who gets to be baron, but the liaison will definitely leave.
Otherwise, you'll just get a dead baron.

The liaison can always make only one trade agreement per visit, and you can only have one homeciv liaison on the map at a time, so you'll get less agreements if you keep him.

Also, your parent civ will eventually die out of old age as of this version (they don't reproduce after worldgen), so after a while, the liaisons will keel over dead at the edge of the map as soon as they come.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16598 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:46 am »

You'll be able to make import/export arrangements until the arrival of the monarch.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16599 on: December 21, 2011, 07:41:50 am »

How do I give my injured dwarf water?

1. I've got a well
2. I've got empty buckets
3. I have practically all my dwarfs with "Healthcare" on.

He is injured on his right lower arm, and it says he is Unconcious. He doesn't have the the words Thirsty in his wounds menu anymore.

My question is, I don't have a hospital or any doctors, will a dwarf with the "Healthcare" labour on grab a bucket and give him some water? or do I need to assign or click something?

Relapse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16600 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:40 am »

I channeled into the ground to make a well near my hospital, now my miner seems to be stuck in the tunnel he made. My other miner is in a mood. How can I get him out, for some reason I can't designate any stairs to be built.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #16601 on: December 21, 2011, 02:57:29 pm »

I'm modding in a civilization of octopus-people who are humanoid from the waist up, but eight tentacles instead of legs. If I make those tentacles able to grasp, will they come to siege wielding weapons with them? I doubt my dwarves could contend with enemies who hold 10 weapons at a time.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16602 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:40 pm »

I channeled into the ground to make a well near my hospital, now my miner seems to be stuck in the tunnel he made. My other miner is in a mood. How can I get him out, for some reason I can't designate any stairs to be built.
What exanxtly do you mean by "can't designate any stairs to be built"?
Do you mean that you can designate them, but no dwarf will do the job, or that the designation won't show up at all?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16603 on: December 21, 2011, 05:15:53 pm »

Here's a few healthcare related questions.  I'm using the pony mod, but I don't think it'll make a difference.

One of my militia ponies got stabbed in the hoof by a dagger, and it's been "cut open" for about a year now.  She doesn't appear to be healing at all.  It's been sutured / dressed and cleaned many times, and has become infected.  She doesn't seem any worse for wear, but she's not getting better and is taking up hospital space.

So, the questions:

She has had a crutch request this whole time, but that doesn't seem to mean anything.  I thought that once a dwarf had an injured foot and it was dressed, they'd go on about their business once they got a crutch?  There are crutches in the hospital.

Why the heck is her hoof not healing?  I'm 99% sure I've seen hoof injuries heal, so I don't think it's something like hoof tissue not healing.  I did muck around in the raws, including the tissue files, but I never touched anything related to hooves or healing rates.

I'm considering deconstructing the bed and seeing what happens.  Her militia skills are getting rusty...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16604 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:35 am »

what does the intro film of df mean?
it's a silly question but it is tormenting me:
is it about a dwarf who is digging, and then at a certain point makes a hole and something bright and red hits him.
now, is that red thing: magma? fire breath of a dragon? unleashed  !!FUN!! ?
U_U
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1178