Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1124260 times)

Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #16110 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:46 am »

back again-taming and butchering this time:
1- how do i tame a caged creature (specificly a groundhog, and yes, i have a dungeon master.)
2- how do i butcher a caged untamable creture (specificly a badger man)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16111 on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:51 am »

1: its bugged, if tame small or large creature doesnt work, too bad

2: drop it in a pit of doom, make it walk the corridor of deat... things like that
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
« Reply #16112 on: November 13, 2011, 08:43:40 am »

1: its bugged, if tame small or large creature doesnt work, too bad
nutbunnies
2: drop it in a pit of doom, make it walk the corridor of deat... things like that
so what, kill it?

edit- just tammed a yak cow, so i am assuming that i can not tame exotics. maybe this is my DM's revenge for the inadequete office, or being elected by the expidition leader.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:40:58 am by the one and only joseph »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: November 13, 2011, 09:33:14 am »

yeah, well, if it cant be tamed, its not going to be led to the slaughterhouse willingly right? check mass pitting on the wiki

any way i can be sure to get sand on an emark?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:28:48 am by Garath »
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16114 on: November 13, 2011, 10:55:04 am »

The dungeon master won't show up at all without modding, and won't let you tame exotic animals even if he does.  There is no way to tame exotic animals other than my modding the game to make them not exotic anymore at the moment.

And Badger Men can't be butchered, unless you've modded the game to allow your civilization to butcher sentient creatures.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
« Reply #16115 on: November 13, 2011, 11:03:10 am »

The dungeon master won't show up at all without modding, and won't let you tame exotic animals even if he does.  There is no way to tame exotic animals other than my modding the game to make them not exotic anymore at the moment.
awww, thats too much effort
And Badger Men can't be butchered, unless you've modded the game to allow your civilization to butcher sentient creatures.
but i dont think that will be. to the raws!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: November 13, 2011, 11:07:24 am »

There actually isn't any effort involved at all if you use notepad++ or something similar.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: November 13, 2011, 11:24:09 am »

You'll need to generate a new world if you do that.  Entity ethics changes require a world regen.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
« Reply #16118 on: November 13, 2011, 11:37:01 am »

You'll need to generate a new world if you do that.  Entity ethics changes require a world regen.
meh, thats fine, the last 4 wolrds had badger men (and one had giant badgers as well)
i assume all i have to do is:

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:39:21 am by the one and only joseph »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: November 13, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »

looks right, you maniac
« Reply #16120 on: November 13, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »

looks right, you maniac
woot! i'm a maniac! that is sexy-awsome!
also, if i kill the badger men and leave the corpses (in a refuse pile i think?) then will my butcher just take them and go to work? im just very parionoid about food rotting after i once looted a carvan for its food, it all rotted thanks to a party and the fortress had to be abandoned.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: November 13, 2011, 03:47:05 pm »

in the case of the caravan, items are often forbidden, depending on cause of death

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: November 13, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »

A small question: Can you hook up a lever and a pressure plate to the same thing, such as a floodgate?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out how to set up a semi-automated obsidian farm.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: November 13, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

A small question: Can you hook up a lever and a pressure plate to the same thing, such as a floodgate?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out how to set up a semi-automated obsidian farm.

Absolutely.  When the floodgate receives an open command from either the pressure plate or the lever, it will wait 100 ticks (ignoring any further commands) and then open.  The same will happen when you send it a close command from either the lever or the pressure plate.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: November 13, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »

Absolutely.  When the floodgate receives an open command from either the pressure plate or the lever, it will wait 100 ticks (ignoring any further commands) and then open.  The same will happen when you send it a close command from either the lever or the pressure plate.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1178