Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985 986 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126454 times)

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14745 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »

Is there a way to check how many of a specific item I have? I have a squad of 10 dwarves and I wanted it to have 5 coppers spears, 5 copper warhammers, and 5 copper shields. But I ran out of copper (my most abundant metal right now) half way through production. I'm not sure what got made. I tried to go to the z-menu under stocks but it won't show me specifically what I have. And since one or two items are equipped by my dwarves, the weapon stockpile isn't full either.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14746 on: August 30, 2011, 06:54:24 pm »

Is there a way to check how many of a specific item I have? I have a squad of 10 dwarves and I wanted it to have 5 coppers spears, 5 copper warhammers, and 5 copper shields. But I ran out of copper (my most abundant metal right now) half way through production. I'm not sure what got made. I tried to go to the z-menu under stocks but it won't show me specifically what I have. And since one or two items are equipped by my dwarves, the weapon stockpile isn't full either.

You need a record keeper, you can assign a dwarf to the job at the nobles screen (n), once that's done you'll need to build him/her an office, and also sett the record keeping accuracy at the nobles screen as well.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14747 on: August 30, 2011, 07:13:58 pm »

Aha! Didn't know you could set the settings. Ha. Thanks man.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14748 on: August 30, 2011, 09:41:31 pm »

Spoiler: Wait, I solved it (click to show/hide)

FAKEEDIT: NEVERMIND- I solved it by forbidding all the flasks in the fortress, which probably reset the squad assignments. I'll post this anyway for reference.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
All three caverns barren?
« Reply #14749 on: August 31, 2011, 01:11:26 am »

I broke through into the first cavern. It was barren. No plants of any sort. No problem, that's happened before. Then I broke through into the second cavern. Also barren. I got two messages (one right after the other) informing me that I'd found "a downward passage". I followed it down, to what I assume is the third cavern layer. Also barren.

Do I have no underground plants at all?
Never pet a burning dog.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: All three caverns barren?
« Reply #14750 on: August 31, 2011, 01:12:49 am »

I broke through into the first cavern. It was barren. No plants of any sort. No problem, that's happened before. Then I broke through into the second cavern. Also barren. I got two messages (one right after the other) informing me that I'd found "a downward passage". I followed it down, to what I assume is the third cavern layer. Also barren.

Do I have no underground plants at all?

Sounds like it, which is strange although not impossible. Quick question, is this a reclaim?

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14751 on: August 31, 2011, 01:24:27 am »

No, not a reclaim. No mods except Ironhand's tile-set. No file edits. My civ did have underground crops (plump helmets, sweet pods, etc) on embark.
Never pet a burning dog.

eastc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14752 on: August 31, 2011, 01:26:17 am »

Can I dump an occupied cage into the magma sea/flowing river to get rid of it's fortunate occupants?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14753 on: August 31, 2011, 02:46:46 am »

Can I dump an occupied cage into the magma sea/flowing river to get rid of it's fortunate occupants?
not into the river - river flow currently doesn't move anything, much less push things off-screen.
Also, you have to check it with a kitten first - it may be that the dwarf will release the creature prior to throwing the cage down.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14754 on: August 31, 2011, 05:18:16 am »

Spoiler: Wait, I solved it (click to show/hide)

FAKEEDIT: NEVERMIND- I solved it by forbidding all the flasks in the fortress, which probably reset the squad assignments. I'll post this anyway for reference.
Maybe try going to the military screen for his squad, then u, then changing the amount of drinks to carry to none?

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14755 on: August 31, 2011, 08:09:34 am »

I'm trying to make my hunter hunt after he quit. Can someone advise how to see how much ammo she's carrying? How do I look into a quiver?
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14756 on: August 31, 2011, 10:07:29 am »

I'm trying to make my hunter hunt after he quit. Can someone advise how to see how much ammo she's carrying? How do I look into a quiver?
'v' over the hunter, check his 'i'nventory, select the quiver with ↑↓ and press enter!

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14757 on: August 31, 2011, 11:04:58 am »

'v' over the hunter, check his 'i'nventory, select the quiver with ↑↓ and press enter!

Righto. So if I'm doing that and it's not showing any bolts, he has no ammo. WHY HUNTER WHY??? There's a massive stockpile of bone bolts I told you you could use... Any thoughts on that? At least one hunter has xbow and quiver but isn't picking up ammo. I will do more research...
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14758 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:18 pm »

What should I do with the abundance of stone left laying around after mining? My fortress is so cluttered with it; creating stockpiles seems to tie dwarves up in hauling, and if I built a thousand mason workshops, it would take me about ten years to make enough thrones and tables to get rid of the stuff.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Transportin' Caged Prisoners/Aminals
« Reply #14759 on: August 31, 2011, 12:08:30 pm »

So I want to make a training area for my military where caged goblins or other baddies can be released one-at-a-time for killing. So far, if I get a rabbit (untamed), buzzard, or other animal caught in a cage, and I go to transport them to another cage, they magically get free and run away or attack. I have a cage built that I'm trying to transfer them to- how is it they get free?
Also, if I trapped and tamed some roaches, how do I get rid of them? I can't set them for slaughter.
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985 986 ... 1178