Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126631 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14670 on: August 26, 2011, 04:51:16 pm »

Usually if I have leather armour it says "<creature> leather armour" but now I also have "suit of <creature> leather armour." Probably because of how many I have, but why? All of them are of the same type; body armour so it's not really a suit, it's just a group of the same types of armour of the same leather.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:04 pm »

I have some questions about memorial slabs.

Is there a way to easily tell if you already have a slab engraved to someone? I have several dozen dead invaders that I am making slabs for, to put up outside the fortress as warnings, heh.

Is the list for things you can engrave slabs for in any particular order? Such as newest ones being at the top of the list, or oldest ones at the bottom?

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14672 on: August 27, 2011, 02:43:11 pm »

Is there any way to clear the "deceased" list? My fort has 100 dwarves, 300 tame animals, 20 captured invaders, and almost 400 deceased. Which makes the unit list hard to use.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: August 27, 2011, 03:20:20 pm »

Also: I tied a turkey to a rope in the entrance to my fort. He keeps on escaping! He's a stray, so I know it's not his owner saving him... what gives?!

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: August 27, 2011, 03:22:58 pm »

Alright, I got a goblin child snatcher caught in one of my cage traps.

He's now in a cage in the animal stockpile, with two broken ankles and gouged out eyes.  Likely deeply thinking how stupid he was for trying to snatch a baby from a wrestler.

How do I strip him, and is there any chance he can slip out of the cage on the way to a goblin zoo?
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #14675 on: August 27, 2011, 03:25:11 pm »

Also: I tied a turkey to a rope in the entrance to my fort. He keeps on escaping! He's a stray, so I know it's not his owner saving him... what gives?!
Make sure the turkey is also not assigned to a pasture.  Assigning an animal to a rope doesn't unassign it to any pastures it may have been assigned to, and you'll get dwarves randomly moving it back and forth between the rope and pasture and sometimes just releasing it from both.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: August 27, 2011, 03:26:26 pm »

That was it! He was still assigned to my butcher's veterinarian's waiting room! Thanks!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: August 27, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »

Is there any way to clear the "deceased" list? My fort has 100 dwarves, 300 tame animals, 20 captured invaders, and almost 400 deceased. Which makes the unit list hard to use.
This is a frequently requested feature.  Sadly, there is no way to do it at the moment.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: August 27, 2011, 03:30:24 pm »

Can I edit the current game's raws or something?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: August 27, 2011, 03:36:16 pm »

Can I edit the current game's raws or something?

You can edit the current game's raws all you like, but there's no way to change the behavior of the game's menus and interface by changing the raws.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: August 27, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »

I mean, could I erase all record that Urist McRandom's pet gorilla ever existed?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: August 27, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

I mean, could I erase all record that Urist McRandom's pet gorilla ever existed?

No.  You could delete gorillas from the raws completely, but that would just make the game crash when it tried to look up the details on Urist McRandom's pet gorilla and failed to find the creature definition in the raws.  The record of individual creatures isn't in the raws, it's in the game save file, and nobody but Toady knows how to do that kind of editing on save files.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: August 27, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »

Alright. Another, unrelated question: It's Spring of year 2. 2 migrants showed up Summer, 2 more Autumn, 0 Winter. That means my parent civ is extinct, doesnt it?  :o

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: August 27, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »

I have a masonry workshop built in a giant room whose floors are covered in slate. How do I make magma-safe floodgates, doors, and hatches if my mason keeps picking up slate?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: August 27, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »

(1) Make another mason's shop somewhere near magma-safe stone.

(2) Make another mason's shop somewhere without any nearby stone, and then put a bunch of magma-safe stone there.

(3) Move all the non-magma-safe stone away from the mason's shop, and then put a bunch of magma-safe stone there.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1178