Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126692 times)

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14625 on: August 25, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »

No idea. Do you remember what you modded?

I added the tags so I can play with them in Fortress Mode, I also made a custom noble system I am currently testing.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14626 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:46 pm »

Does anyone know just what triggers the "becoming the capitol" thing in the nobles screen? In my current fortress, it's not showing up, when I've already got a Duchess and all. In my civilizations screen my dwarf civ has a queen listed, but no other leaders. Am I out of luck, or is there some trigger I'm somehow missing?

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14627 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:39 pm »

Look at the "entity_default" in the object raw, you need, 100 population I guess and a shit ton of exported wealth.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »

Hrm, maybe it's because my pop dipped back down below 100 due to countless sieges, ambushes, etc. Well, here's hoping they'll slack off for a bit since I killed the goblin war leader, and that I get the chance to become capitol once my pop gets back up!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: August 25, 2011, 10:11:01 pm »

You also need to offer a certain number of dwarfbucks to the dwarven caravan, and have a certain value of roads built.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »

A couple posts upthread, I learned that my goblin flusher was bugged, pushing valuable goblinite through hatches and erasing it from the world. At the time, I had no solution. I believe I found one, but I need one thing cleared up:

if there's a 2 zlevel pool with a wall grate on the second floor, dead bodies and items should drop to the bottom level? And water will flow away from the top? Even if the flow is very strong, objects will still hit bottom right?

If this works how I think it does, I'll be able to collect goblinite at the bottom level and then empty it out slowly after the water has been shut off.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: August 25, 2011, 10:45:26 pm »

A couple posts upthread, I learned that my goblin flusher was bugged, pushing valuable goblinite through hatches and erasing it from the world. At the time, I had no solution. I believe I found one, but I need one thing cleared up:

if there's a 2 zlevel pool with a wall grate on the second floor, dead bodies and items should drop to the bottom level? And water will flow away from the top? Even if the flow is very strong, objects will still hit bottom right?

If this works how I think it does, I'll be able to collect goblinite at the bottom level and then empty it out slowly after the water has been shut off.

Yes, this will work. Objects don't move through a grate. Fluids do, as do fired arrows. Nothing else... as long as it's shut.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14632 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:29 pm »

Yes but if there's enough water a bug(or feature) moves objects through anyways. By putting the grate up one z level I'm hoping to overcome this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:32 pm »

Yes but if there's enough water a bug(or feature) moves objects through anyways. By putting the grate up one z level I'm hoping to overcome this.

Yup, which is why it should work as it is now. Give it a go and tell us how it works out (or doesn't).
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

gahyoujerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14634 on: August 25, 2011, 11:47:16 pm »

I can't seem to get a dwarven atom smasher to work.  I made a 1x3 bridge against a wall.  placed a dump on it, dumped some things, then hit my lever, but when the bridge came up, all my stuff went flying and it didn't disappear.  I also tried it by smashing things on the ground with the bridge, but the same thing happened. 

Does the atom smasher need to be inside? cause mine is outside, against an outside constructed wall.

can an atom smasher smash bones and goblin corpses?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: August 26, 2011, 12:08:42 am »

Hrm, maybe it's because my pop dipped back down below 100 due to countless sieges, ambushes, etc. Well, here's hoping they'll slack off for a bit since I killed the goblin war leader, and that I get the chance to become capitol once my pop gets back up!

Actually, you need 140 pop for a monarch.  So that's probably the deal.  (Yeah, init file lies.)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14636 on: August 26, 2011, 12:17:10 am »

I can't seem to get a dwarven atom smasher to work.  I made a 1x3 bridge against a wall.  placed a dump on it, dumped some things, then hit my lever, but when the bridge came up, all my stuff went flying and it didn't disappear.  I also tried it by smashing things on the ground with the bridge, but the same thing happened. 

Does the atom smasher need to be inside? cause mine is outside, against an outside constructed wall.

can an atom smasher smash bones and goblin corpses?

I think you need to raise the bridge, dump stuff, then drop the bridge on it.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30:06 am »

Superquick one: will flooring over a natural pool be enough to keep it from freezing in winter?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:34 am »

Superquick one: will flooring over a natural pool be enough to keep it from freezing in winter?

No.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14639 on: August 26, 2011, 12:45:18 am »

Crud. I guess I'm doing this the old-fashioned way...
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1178