Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126902 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #13755 on: July 24, 2011, 01:22:50 pm »

I've embarked in a desert (on a horse with no name) with a river/stream running through the top left corner. For some reason all the vermin type fish (lungfish etc.) are flying around the river, not in the river. As in they are wondering around on the ground. Anyone else get this glitch/undocumented feature?

Lungfish do this due to the amphibious tag iirc. It's not undocumented, mentioned in the lungfish article on the wiki.

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: July 24, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »

Lungfish do this due to the amphibious tag iirc. It's not undocumented, mentioned in the lungfish article on the wiki.
Aha. thanks.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: July 24, 2011, 01:57:25 pm »

Argh. Will dwarves haul buckets with water in them? I have a ton of buckets with water and a bit of lye in sitting around in the ashery.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: July 24, 2011, 02:55:37 pm »

Argh. Will dwarves haul buckets with water in them? I have a ton of buckets with water and a bit of lye in sitting around in the ashery.

This is a bug (#1236).  The only workaround I know of is to wait until a caravan appears; then mark the water inside the bucket for dumping (hit enter a few times, then (f) while you're looking at the water itself); then tell a dwarf to take the bucket to the depot.  They'll leave the water behind, and bring the bucket with just the lye inside it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Darun009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: July 24, 2011, 06:05:56 pm »

My "Minotaur Slayer" got his lower spine broken when he won the fight that won him that name.
Is he a handcap forever or there is a way to fix the spine?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: July 24, 2011, 07:02:09 pm »

My "Minotaur Slayer" got his lower spine broken when he won the fight that won him that name.
Is he a handcap forever or there is a way to fix the spine?

In my opinion every bone and tissue in the body (except nerves) regrow. Very slowly if it is the spine though.

You could edit the Raws but I guess you'll have to wait for someone with knowledge on that to post back  :)

Darun009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: July 24, 2011, 07:12:41 pm »

I would like to fix him but on a "honest" way :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: July 24, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »

Afraid the honest way is that he'll never walk again... ever.

I'm too lazy to actually remove them from the military, but I tend to imagine them as the old war veterains with one eye and one hand with lower legs missing just sitting in a chair telling stories to the young'uns
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13763 on: July 24, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »

And kick the living ass out of trainees in sparring
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Darun009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13764 on: July 24, 2011, 11:23:07 pm »

But he can't walk!
His ability of stand is lost.
How he's gonna get out of that hospital bad?
Will I have to do some euthanasia?
And if I have, there is a way to do that?
Is a little sad to see the man who killed single handed a minotaur and bashed it brains out of it skull while being holded from the freakin throat in that bad
I would rather do something awesome like throwing him in a pit that 12z bellow that head to a magma sea. But there is no way to throw him because I cant assing him.
But I would rather have him living.
So, anyone knows for sure (I know DF is science and in Science you can't "evar" be sure xD) if there is a way to regen a lower spine?
And if not, give me an idea on how to kill him in a way a hero deserve.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: July 24, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »

But he can't walk!
His ability of stand is lost.
How he's gonna get out of that hospital bad?
Will I have to do some euthanasia?
And if I have, there is a way to do that?
Is a little sad to see the man who killed single handed a minotaur and bashed it brains out of it skull while being holded from the freakin throat in that bad
I would rather do something awesome like throwing him in a pit that 12z bellow that head to a magma sea. But there is no way to throw him because I cant assing him.
But I would rather have him living.
So, anyone knows for sure (I know DF is science and in Science you can't "evar" be sure xD) if there is a way to regen a lower spine?
And if not, give me an idea on how to kill him in a way a hero deserve.

Let him live on as the Sheriff- its honorable work, and he won't ever beat your legendary dwarves to death because your noble made an arrogant demand! Win-Win!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: July 25, 2011, 01:21:53 am »

I have a friend who's having an issue, I might have come across it myself as well.

Access to a river, everyone still dying of thirst?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:34:55 am by Vherid »

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13767 on: July 25, 2011, 01:46:49 am »

Well, first of all, start cranking out more booze.

Second, check your burrows. The dehydrated dwarves might not be allowed to go to the river. Also, if you haven't yet, try designating a zone over the river and setting it as a water source (and make sure you mark it as active.)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: July 25, 2011, 01:51:05 am »

Well, first of all, start cranking out more booze.

Second, check your burrows. The dehydrated dwarves might not be allowed to go to the river. Also, if you haven't yet, try designating a zone over the river and setting it as a water source (and make sure you mark it as active.)

Booze has been a semi issue apparently, but that shouldn't matter because they should be drinking from map waters sources like the river then.

Doubt its burrows/zoning. Doesn't set that stuff up, they're supposed to drink on their own.

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: July 25, 2011, 01:53:28 am »

If you make a well and have some buckets, or even just have some buckets, I think your dwarfs will be more likely to drink the water too.

Also, this is related:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1178