Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126696 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #13650 on: July 21, 2011, 09:07:06 am »

My dogs are fighting each other... they're restrained to ropes as watchdogs but they keep hurting each other. What gives?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13651 on: July 21, 2011, 09:36:19 am »

Large gems.  What stockpile?

They are bugged and no stockpile currently accepts them.

Eh? They don't go in finished goods? I'm sure I've noticed them going into finished goods before.

They used to, but in the current version finished goods stockpiles allow you to set which materials are stored, and there's no option for gem-based finished goods.  So large gems never get stockpiled, and neither do gem-based crafts or artifacts.

I have large green glass gems in finished goods bins in a fort produced entirely in the current version, though?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13652 on: July 21, 2011, 10:29:45 am »

do "dwarf" and "dorf" not sound almost exactly the same in non-american-accented English? or are you guys just kidding?
In my own particular British accent, the 'w' is not really pronounced but morphs the whole 'or' part into something less open. To me it's a little like how a German 'r' is less of a letter and more of a twang on the vowel that follows it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #13653 on: July 21, 2011, 10:36:52 am »

Large gems.  What stockpile?

They are bugged and no stockpile currently accepts them.

Eh? They don't go in finished goods? I'm sure I've noticed them going into finished goods before.

They used to, but in the current version finished goods stockpiles allow you to set which materials are stored, and there's no option for gem-based finished goods.  So large gems never get stockpiled, and neither do gem-based crafts or artifacts.

I have large green glass gems in finished goods bins in a fort produced entirely in the current version, though?

That's because finished goods stockpiles do have a material option for glass-based goods.  Even though they're called large green glass gems, they're made of glass, not gem, and get stockpiled in stockpiles that accept glass.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #13654 on: July 21, 2011, 12:01:50 pm »

Is it possible to have dwarves assigned to burrow and still have them ignore it? It would be so much easier than having to delete the burrow or remove them from the burrow list. The main reason why I get bored is that I'm too lazy to make new burrow everytime theres attack and then they die and the fort goes insane.
I just need easy way to get non military dorfs flee to the fortress when gobbos attack and easy way to get them back to work outside.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:49:35 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: July 21, 2011, 12:40:06 pm »

How can i move in Adventure Mode without attacking? Everytime i want to crawl under a Guy to enter his house using s, my Adventurer attacks him.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: July 21, 2011, 01:02:52 pm »

How can i move in Adventure Mode without attacking? Everytime i want to crawl under a Guy to enter his house using s, my Adventurer attacks him.
use (s) to stand or to crawl. it makes you able to crawl between sb's legs

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: July 21, 2011, 01:04:09 pm »

What is best/ most stable 2d version? I like 2d superior to z levels

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13658 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:44 pm »

That's because finished goods stockpiles do have a material option for glass-based goods.  Even though they're called large green glass gems, they're made of glass, not gem, and get stockpiled in stockpiles that accept glass.
in addition, it seems that any time a large gem is decorated, it is moved into the correct stockpile.  i may be wrong, but all of my large gems ended up in my gem stockpile (from the depot) after long bouts of item decoration.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: July 21, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »

in addition, it seems that any time a large gem is decorated, it is moved into the correct stockpile.  i may be wrong, but all of my large gems ended up in my gem stockpile (from the depot) after long bouts of item decoration.

Are you decorating with green glass? I've got a couple glassmakers, gem cutter, and gen encruster working constantly to encrust everything with cut green glass gems. Maybe once encrusted it can be accepted as a "green glass" good.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:10 pm »

Are you decorating with green glass? I've got a couple glassmakers, gem cutter, and gen encruster working constantly to encrust everything with cut green glass gems. Maybe once encrusted it can be accepted as a "green glass" good.

bone did the trick for me.  generally i decorate in waves, with bone, glass/real gems, and studding with copper.  the large gems in the stockpile were all decorated with bone.  they were regular large gems and glass large gems.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

plasticboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: July 21, 2011, 02:21:03 pm »

Is it possible to have dwarves assigned to burrow and still have them ignore it? It would be so much easier than having to delete the burrow or remove them from the burrow list. The main reason why I get bored is that I'm too lazy to make new burrow everytime theres attack and then they die and the fort goes insane.
I just need easy way to get non military dorfs flee to the fortress when gobbos attack and easy way to get them back to work outside.

You want to use the Civilian Alert Levels for this, there's a howto on the wiki. I create an alert level called "Danger" and assign my "Inside" burrow to it. You don't have to assign any dwarves to the burrow, all civilians get assigned to it when you switch your civilian alert to Danger.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: July 21, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »

My dogs are fighting each other... they're restrained to ropes as watchdogs but they keep hurting each other. What gives?

I'd like this answered ASAP, thank you, because I can't have watchdogs if they keep killing each other. My other cattle is also fighting, even though they have a large pasture.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:34 pm »

Now with the current barony/hammerer/dungeonmaster etc issues, I know you can make these things appliable by the mayor or whatever and kinda get them but with the dungeonmaster his taming is also broken so he doesn't quite work with that. However if you make the hammerer appointable does he fully work?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #13664 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:11 pm »

Now with the current barony/hammerer/dungeonmaster etc issues, I know you can make these things appliable by the mayor or whatever and kinda get them but with the dungeonmaster his taming is also broken so he doesn't quite work with that. However if you make the hammerer appointable does he fully work?

I've been wondering that myself.  Never tried it, I don't think anyone's eager to have a fully functional hammerer in the fortress again.  Try it and let us know.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1178