Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126595 times)

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #13575 on: July 18, 2011, 09:38:31 am »

Cheers for the help but reading the wiki page on healthcare it seems that sometimes injuries caused by cave in get bugged and do not get diagnosed.

So now we wait and see if he ever recovers by himself.

Edit: After removing the bed he has just been left where he was, but now has no job and is not being moved at all.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:42:21 am by Deamonpies »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:24 pm »

How do you give dwarves with XxclothesxX new clothes?

If they are military dwarves, you can include the clothing with their uniform, assuming you don't overdo the layering on any particular body part.

If they are civilians who are not wood cutters, miners, or hunters, put them in a squad and assign a uniform consisting of clothing to that squad.  Leave them off duty forever.

If they are civilians who are wood cutters, miners, or hunters, then I don't know what you can do.

Quote from: Deamonpies
Cheers for this but my doctor doesn't seem to want to diagnose. If I disable everything but diagnose he just stands there and does nothing,

Would it matter if my injured dwarf was in a bed that wasn't in the hospital? I didn't have a hospital when it happened.

A dwarf has to be Resting (performing the "Rest" labor), and he must have the "Diagnosis requested" flag in the (v) (z) (h) (Treatment) screen, in order to be diagnosed.  If you don't have any hospital beds, the dwarf will probably be Resting in his personal bedroom, and I've seen diagnoses performed there.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: July 18, 2011, 01:11:27 pm »

If they are civilians who are wood cutters, miners, or hunters, then I don't know what you can do.
What I do is switch those labours off and then re-enable them when I want the tasks done. Maybe there's a way around it, maybe not, but this is a no-fuss solution if you're using DT.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:26 pm »

Well I think my miner is screwed, he seems to have frozen where the bed used to be, noone is dragging him to the hosital or diagnosing him.

Which is a shame as he was my legendary miner, ah well.

Edit: He has now been dragged too the hospital, nearly 4 months after the event occured, oh well. Now I just have to hope he gets better.

Edit edit: he didn't, he died from an infection :( Oh well, thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:18:13 pm by Deamonpies »

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:15 pm »

"Some migrants have arrived despite the danger" why does it say this why not just "some migrants have arrived"
Does this have a meaning

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: July 18, 2011, 02:29:52 pm »

"Some migrants have arrived despite the danger" why does it say this why not just "some migrants have arrived"
Does this have a meaning

It means that they've heard about all your dwarfs dying, but they came anyway.  Sometimes you'll get no migrants because they consider your place a deathtrap, and it'll give you a message saying so.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: July 18, 2011, 02:40:48 pm »

How do you view the stone layers on an embark site?
I really feel like I should know this...
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: July 18, 2011, 02:50:46 pm »

Does this have a meaning

It means that they've heard about all your dwarfs dying, but they came anyway.  Sometimes you'll get no migrants because they consider your place a deathtrap, and it'll give you a message saying so.
ah we only lost about 50 dwarves in a siege

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #13583 on: July 18, 2011, 03:57:58 pm »

You play one of the older versions where it's possible to see what the stone layers are.  The current version doesn't let you see exactly what stone layers exist in an embark site without first embarking.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: July 18, 2011, 08:14:31 pm »

How do you get out of fullscreen mode?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:17 pm »

You play one of the older versions where it's possible to see what the stone layers are.  The current version doesn't let you see exactly what stone layers exist in an embark site without first embarking.

someone should fix the wiki article on embarking.  it tells you to check the stone layers.  i'm no wiki editor, or i'd fix it myself.  http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Embark#Layers

i play on linux, and have the usual "minimise" and "restore" buttons on the window.  you may need to save, exit, and change your .ini file fso that fullscreen is off.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: July 18, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »

I keep getting messages saying that my smelters are canceling jobs at the magma forges due to lack of the material to smelt. I checked and I do have those metals. Why are they canceling it then?

EDIT: Nevermind I accidentally removed a ramp that wouldn't let them get into the main fort.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:33:20 pm by rutsber »
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: July 18, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »

F11.

Fievreux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: July 19, 2011, 02:45:35 am »

Question: Is it possible to allocate what barrels are to be used for? For instance, only allowing barrels to be used to store alcohol.

tmrt

• Bay Watcher
  • Black-Clad Voyeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: July 19, 2011, 07:21:57 am »

Question: Is it possible to allocate what barrels are to be used for? For instance, only allowing barrels to be used to store alcohol.
Create a separate food stockpile for mead and plant drinks. Set barrel limit to zero in every remaining food stockpile.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1178