Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126523 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #13545 on: July 17, 2011, 03:38:16 pm »

How do I give crutches for the dwarf that lost the ability to stand up?
I have crutches in the "Hospital Screen" but they don't give for the poor kid that need it.
Your doctors should supply crutches to dwarves that need them automatically.
The problem may be that they don't "know" that the dwarf needs crutches/is injured. Try deconstructing their hospital bed.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: July 17, 2011, 04:28:10 pm »

Body, it seems like either your coke supply is forbidden, or has been reserved for another job. Make sure you have not designated a big construction project accidentally assigning coke as the building material. If you did, just fire the construction foreman.
 If it is still acting weird, forbid coke on stock screen, then claim it
 Look in your stockscreen, make sure coke has not accidentally been forbidden.
 If you are using quickfort, it might have hijacked the coke for building materials.
A bad mistake i made was designating a burrow at the foundry, no one assigned, just to be able to go look at it quickly. Bad idea.

I tried forbidding and reclaiming it, but it didn't make a difference.  However, the smelters are all still functioning, so I don't think fuel is the issue.  For example, I've smelting limonite ore (on repeat), and it's still doing that job, but I can't give that smelter or any other the task of smelting limonite ore. 
I tried destroying and rebuilding the smelters, and I was briefly able to give them tasks again, but after assigning a few, they went red again.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: July 17, 2011, 04:40:40 pm »

How do I find out what the symbol of my civilization is?
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: July 17, 2011, 06:23:00 pm »

How do I find out what the symbol of my civilization is?

Either check in Fortress mode and press tab to see your civ, then go to legends under civilizations and see the small image to the far right next to the name.

How do you give dwarves with XxclothesxX new clothes?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: July 17, 2011, 07:15:33 pm »

Either check in Fortress mode and press tab to see your civ, then go to legends under civilizations and see the small image to the far right next to the name.

oh hey, that's cool, never noticed that before.  thanks!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

nm derp
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:27:58 pm by MrShovelFace »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: July 17, 2011, 07:37:06 pm »

When a dwarf is interrupted by some creature, is there a way to easily locate it? I can zoom to dwarf and manually look around, but is there a better way?
You can zoom to the location of the announcement by pressing z in the Announcements screen. If there are other announcements being spammed then the delay between interruption and announcement might be long enough for both parties to move away.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: July 17, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »

If I make a food stockpile that will accept nothing but meat and prepared food, willit only accept meals prepared out of meat?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #13553 on: July 17, 2011, 07:59:45 pm »

No.  It will accept uncooked meat and prepared food made of anything.  There's no way to filter prepared food by ingredients.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: July 17, 2011, 08:27:43 pm »

How do you give dwarves with XxclothesxX new clothes?
Dwarves will claim new clothes automatically. Unfortunately, they won't actually ever wear them.

Turnoverman

• Bay Watcher
  • So how are you holding up? Because I'm a mushroom.
    • View Profile
    • Trope Overdosed - A Webcomic Dedicated To TVtropes.org
« Reply #13555 on: July 17, 2011, 09:01:38 pm »

If I were to build a wall across a frozen lake while it's still frozen, would the wall collapse when it ceased to be frozen?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: July 17, 2011, 09:19:40 pm »

Depends whether or not it's supported. If it would remain stable with the ice replaced by empty space, then it's good.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

cpt_williarsk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: July 17, 2011, 10:05:57 pm »

does obsidian stone mean there is a magma pocket nearby, or does it just appear in places sometimes?

Turnoverman

• Bay Watcher
  • So how are you holding up? Because I'm a mushroom.
    • View Profile
    • Trope Overdosed - A Webcomic Dedicated To TVtropes.org
« Reply #13558 on: July 17, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »

Every once in a while obsidian is just a layer, but it surrounds magma stuff with exactly one tile... so if the obsidian isn't warm it's probably just a layer.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: July 17, 2011, 11:13:17 pm »

If I were to build a wall across a frozen lake while it's still frozen, would the wall collapse when it ceased to be frozen?

If it's unsupported, yes.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1178