Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1125692 times)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #13170 on: July 08, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »

Another silly question: once a sarcophagus has had a dwarf or pet placed in it and it's a "final resting place," what happens if you try to relocate it? I've realized I'd like to move some of my fallen into fancier sarcophagi in fancier portions of my tombs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »

I'm at war with the gobbos, will I actually get attacked by them now? I've never had a vanilla fort live long enough to get attacked my gobbos.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: July 08, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »

I'm at war with the gobbos, will I actually get attacked by them now? I've never had a vanilla fort live long enough to get attacked my gobbos.

Probably yes. Why have your earlier forts failed? Some maps don't have goblins. Sometimes if you keep your dwarf #'s capped at low values it can be a very long time before gobbies show up even if you're at war. Without more detail it's hard to answer.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: July 08, 2011, 12:54:09 pm »

They usually fail because I stop playing... I hope this fort will last at least three years

beefsupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: July 08, 2011, 01:05:47 pm »

I've gotten attacked even without war. There's almost minor conflicts between dwarves and goblins. Full scale war is lots of fun, make sure to have plenty of traps and soldiers.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: July 08, 2011, 01:21:15 pm »

My fortress now houses a tigerman surgeon. I like tigermen :)

Anyway, last time I fiddled around with tigermen (I embarked as tigermen hehe) I know that they would  do jobs enabled to them, wich were the ones they had skill points in from embark.
I also know you can't go in the labor screen since they are considered animals (I should change the raws at some point so they are genuine animelmen tribes), you'd only see a screen to enable butchery like any other animal.

So I'm curious now, will this tigerman spontaniously perform surgery if needed? He's actually a better surgeon then my current chief medic.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:33 pm »

Another silly question: once a sarcophagus has had a dwarf or pet placed in it and it's a "final resting place," what happens if you try to relocate it? I've realized I'd like to move some of my fallen into fancier sarcophagi in fancier portions of my tombs.

If you deconstruct the coffin, the corpse/skeleton will no longer be inside it.  So it'll be assigned to be buried in some other coffin that's marked for burial of citizens, if there are any.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Miner49

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: July 08, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »

How do I mark animals for adoption? The wiki says press enter, but that doesn't seem to do anything under the view creatures part of the Units menu, and I don't know what other menu to look under.

Also, I'm having trouble with making drinks at the still. Every time I try, it says "Brewer canceled Brew drink:Needs empty food storage item. Can someone explain what that means?

Edit: I just realized what that actually says, I read it as "Needs empty food storage space" Meaning a stockpile. I'm checking if I have any extra now.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:06:47 pm by Miner49 »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: July 08, 2011, 03:08:52 pm »

"Empty food storage item" for booze means a barrel or a rock pot.  You need some.  You can almost never have too many bins, barrels, or rock pots.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: July 08, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

Hey miner

When you press enter at the animals list, you make that animal available for adoption. The animal will only be adopted if and when a dwarf decided to do that. Some creatures may be more likely to be adopted then others, and a dwaf may have a preference for certain animals.

As for the brewing, that errormessage actually means your brewer is missing a barrel. Every brewing job requires a plant and a barrel and produces a booze filled barrel.

Miner49

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: July 08, 2011, 03:42:00 pm »

Jelle, do you mean in the units menu? I haven't come across an animal menu yet if not.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: July 08, 2011, 03:49:53 pm »

Arh I see
Press z enter

Miner49

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: July 08, 2011, 04:03:04 pm »

Thanks, I just discovered 4 new menus. This will hopefully make things a little easier.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: July 08, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

i'm getting spammed out with "cancels store item in tomb: item inaccessible".   i see no unburied corpses in my stocks menu.  no body of water has a dwarf body part or corpse.  no dwarf is restricted to any burrow.  the job from the manager screen will zoom me to the cancelling dwarf, or the tomb.  i'd like to find out where this inaccessible corpse or body part is, so that i can make it accessible and get rid of the message spam.   how do i do this?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: July 08, 2011, 04:51:07 pm »

Try undoing the tomb then DFcleartask is that gonna help ?
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1178