Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1124957 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #12840 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:54 pm »

I just got the second years dwarven caravan and i checked my depot acess because I was working on an area near the entrance and it said that there was no depot access but the caravan just went to my depot anyways. How does that work? I had a path but it was only one wide in a certain area and I was working on putting bridges down.
Depot access is for wagons which require three tiles to move.
Wagons currently do not work, so it doesn't matter in the slightest.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12841 on: June 30, 2011, 12:09:24 am »

Isn't your expedition leader supposed to become a mayor once you have 50+ population?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: June 30, 2011, 12:13:13 am »

Why am I getting "no available traction bench" messages when I have two free traction benches?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12843 on: June 30, 2011, 12:44:40 am »

Why am I getting "no available traction bench" messages when I have two free traction benches?

Provided that the benches are already installed in a hospital, the most likely cause is a pathing problem.  Check burrows, forbidden doors, and look for breaks in pathing in general.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: June 30, 2011, 01:00:26 am »

There's a lot of weirdness in the wiki re: tamed animals. For example, it says that exotic animals are only trainable with the Dungeon Master, but the Dungeon Master has been bugged since the inception of DF2010 (over a year now?) with no work-around, and exotic animals actually *can't* be tamed on-site, only purchased tame from Elves.

No work-around? Yes there is, as far as I've heard modifying the raws to make all PET_EXOTICs less exotic will do the trick.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: June 30, 2011, 01:16:08 am »

I just got the second years dwarven caravan and i checked my depot acess because I was working on an area near the entrance and it said that there was no depot access but the caravan just went to my depot anyways. How does that work? I had a path but it was only one wide in a certain area and I was working on putting bridges down.
The depot access thing is for wagons, which don't currently appear. A one tile wide path is enough for traders and their pack animals.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: June 30, 2011, 07:42:11 am »

Is there any bug with giant eagle breeding? I've got a mated pair of tame eagles from the Elves, I've got them nest boxes, I've got them locked away, but they just won't hatch. The female sits on her eggs for over a year and nothing happens, twice now.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: June 30, 2011, 07:44:29 am »

you need a dungeon master for them to breed but there bugged so they wont appear... ever find the the raws for the eagles and change PET_EXOTIC to PET and that should fix it
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12848 on: June 30, 2011, 07:45:24 am »

Is there any bug with giant eagle breeding? I've got a mated pair of tame eagles from the Elves, I've got them nest boxes, I've got them locked away, but they just won't hatch. The female sits on her eggs for over a year and nothing happens, twice now.
EDIT: oops.
be prepared, their huge eggs are going to take a long time to hatch, even after they are [PET]'s
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:48:30 am by nanomage »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: June 30, 2011, 07:49:06 am »

Let's say I set some burrows, and then abandon the fort. If I reclaim later, will I need to re-designate the burrows?
I would think so, but I'm not certain. If you do abandon the fort and reclaim, could you do us a favour and return here and tell us if the burrows remained?
Love, scriver~

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12850 on: June 30, 2011, 08:12:19 am »

There's a lot of weirdness in the wiki re: tamed animals. For example, it says that exotic animals are only trainable with the Dungeon Master, but the Dungeon Master has been bugged since the inception of DF2010 (over a year now?) with no work-around, and exotic animals actually *can't* be tamed on-site, only purchased tame from Elves.

No work-around? Yes there is, as far as I've heard modifying the raws to make all PET_EXOTICs less exotic will do the trick.

Hah, but then they aren't exotic animals any more!  :P

Sounds like I'll go ahead and mod my raws -- I hate doing it because it feels like cheating, but I've already nerfed goblin lashers, so what the hell. I just change [PET_EXOTIC] to [PET], right?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:14:28 am by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:12 am »

As far as I know, yes.

And it's not cheating unless you get caught.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

beefsupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: June 30, 2011, 08:34:41 am »

Will goblins ever use my bridge? My embark site is divided in half by a river that has one bridge across it. I'm under a siege that I can easily handle right now, but I'd really prefer they come to me. Do I have to lure them, or is just a matter of time?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: June 30, 2011, 08:42:48 am »

I do think they'll use the bridge yes.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: June 30, 2011, 08:53:41 am »

Will goblins ever use my bridge? My embark site is divided in half by a river that has one bridge across it. I'm under a siege that I can easily handle right now, but I'd really prefer they come to me. Do I have to lure them, or is just a matter of time?

sometimes if there are cage traps around the map, gobbos can get "stuck" on the cage traps when their leaders get captured. It's often a good idea to stick cage traps all in one spot for that reason, right around your entrance.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1178