Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1124926 times)

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #12705 on: June 25, 2011, 09:33:22 pm »

Exactly. They're civ members or pets, yeah?
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

beefsupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: June 25, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »

I'm in the middle of my first siege. I've got 17 loaded cage traps in my entrance and the first wave appears to be 14 cageable goblins and a rutherer. If I just keep all of my dwarves in the safety of the fort, will they all be captured by my traps, or are goblins able to free each other from cages?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: June 25, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »

I'm in the middle of my first siege. I've got 17 loaded cage traps in my entrance and the first wave appears to be 14 cageable goblins and a rutherer. If I just keep all of my dwarves in the safety of the fort, will they all be captured by my traps, or are goblins able to free each other from cages?

Haven't seen anything open cages outside of pulling levers hooked up to built cages, and it's only curious beasts that does it and dwarves.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:03 pm »

I get a "no access to statue" building error every time I try to place a statue anywhere. I've placed plenty up till now. Anyone know what's causing this?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: June 25, 2011, 11:33:25 pm »

Do you have an unbuilt statue somewhere inaccessable?

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: June 25, 2011, 11:41:04 pm »

Do you have an unbuilt statue somewhere inaccessable?

I wouldn't think so. They're probably just in a mason's shop or a furniture stockpile. I'll check everywhere though to make sure I didn't forbid passage through a door or something. Anything else it could be? Thanks for the help.

beefsupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: June 25, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »

Follow up to that question, everything went fine, and I've got 14 naked caged goblins and a caged rutherer locked up in a stockpile. I'm trying to put the cages in my barracks and release the defenseless goblins for my soldiers to slaughter and what I'm trying isn't working. Is there a way to do it without using levers/mechanisms?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: June 25, 2011, 11:44:49 pm »

Follow up to that question, everything went fine, and I've got 14 naked caged goblins and a caged rutherer locked up in a stockpile. I'm trying to put the cages in my barracks and release the defenseless goblins for my soldiers to slaughter and what I'm trying isn't working. Is there a way to do it without using levers/mechanisms?

Pitting, might not work on the creatures, though, but it'll work on invaders. Thieves will escape, though.

JLT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: June 26, 2011, 03:43:47 am »

I've built an extra room for that purpose. It has a long hallway with cage traps, a goblin stockpile in one corner and a 1-tile pen/pasture in the middle. I station a squad there and give it a kill order for one of the goblins and  assign this goblin to the pen. As soon as a dwarf comes to bring the goblin to the pen, my military starts attacking. If they fail the cage traps will catch the goblin again. I think it is important to have only a few tiles between stockpile and pen, otherwise the dwarf freeing the goblin might get scared and let the goblin loose.

Now that I think about it, the same setup but with a cage instead of a pen might work as well. You would only need to hook up the cage in the middle to a lever and could re-use it for all training subjects that come your way.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: June 26, 2011, 06:02:56 am »

I get a "no access to statue" building error every time I try to place a statue anywhere. I've placed plenty up till now. Anyone know what's causing this?

I presume you've got statues. In line with FuzzyZergling.:

a) Are statues forbidden? Check out yr [ z ] stocks screen for the list of statues.

b) Are they still in-workshop? If so, is that workshop locked off from access?

c) Is the statue in transit or tasked for a hauling or dump job?
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: June 26, 2011, 09:27:44 am »

So, I have two Goblin prisoners and I just bought a lion cage from the elves.
So before I introduce them to each other I want to be sure the goblins are all stripped from their stuff.
I already claimed everything that was forbidden in the Stocks menu, however, is there any way to see what the goblins in the cages are actually wearing, meaning, getting the creature detail screen v?
I want to be sure they really are unarmed and unarmored since the dwarves sometimes let just unforbidden stuff lay around for no reason.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:32:13 am by Khris »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: June 26, 2011, 09:42:01 am »

So, I have two Goblin prisoners and I just bought a lion cage from the elves.
So before I introduce them to each other I want to be sure the goblins are all stripped from their stuff.
I already claimed everything that was forbidden in the Stocks menu, however, is there any way to see what the goblins in the cages are actually wearing, meaning, getting the creature detail screen v?
I want to be sure they really are unarmed and unarmored since the dwarves sometimes let just unforbidden stuff lay around for no reason.

d>b>d on the goblin cages, have dump zone designated, and use k to de-designate the cage for dumping, and wait a minute to see if any dump jobs comes up.

ed: Oh, don't forget to d>b>c on the cage to claim any items you've missed!

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: June 26, 2011, 10:04:13 am »

d>b>d on the goblin cages, have dump zone designated, and use k to de-designate the cage for dumping, and wait a minute to see if any dump jobs comes up.

ed: Oh, don't forget to d>b>c on the cage to claim any items you've missed!

thx, I did first d-b-c and then d-b-d, so I guess, d-b-c would have sufficed, but anyway, it worked, they got stripped. :D

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: June 26, 2011, 12:14:22 pm »

Is it possible to melt reclaim bolts, reforge them into bolts again to get even more bolts ??

This is after reclaiming a few hundreds of bolts and arrow scattered all over the battlefield.

They really need to have a way to put singular bolts into a quiver.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: June 26, 2011, 12:17:13 pm »

Is it possible to melt reclaim bolts, reforge them into bolts again to get even more bolts ??

This is after reclaiming a few hundreds of bolts and arrow scattered all over the battlefield.

They really need to have a way to put singular bolts into a quiver.

Dwarves will put singular bolts into their quivers, up to 25 bolts total. And if the bolts are metal, then you can melt them. Don't know if the exploit of split-stack bolt melting works still, though.
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1178