Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1125834 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #12285 on: June 10, 2011, 08:36:40 am »

They are brainstorming... coming up with a clever means to free their leader!  They are loyal unto death!  They will not abandon their leader, even though he/she/it may be temporarily inside a cage!

Any day now, they may find a way to open the cage... any day now....
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: June 10, 2011, 09:29:51 am »

My army is pissed off about long patrol duty but ive only had them patrol for a few min. Only one of them has the lazy trait.... Hmmm wait he's also good at convincing others. =(

Question: should I be doing something besides setting them to active training with no orders and leaving them?

I'm not sure if I need to set them to inactive ever so often but it's the only thing I can think of that's pissing them off.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:40 am »

They get that unhappy thought a lot while they still have civilian skills higher than combat skills.  It trains away until eventually they get angry about being removed.

If someone gets redline i'll usually assign em a room and add a statue/furniture till he comes round.  Once they are proper soldiers i usually take the rooms back since my soldiers love me.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #12288 on: June 10, 2011, 11:25:41 am »

They are brainstorming... coming up with a clever means to free their leader!  They are loyal unto death!  They will not abandon their leader, even though he/she/it may be temporarily inside a cage!
Any day now, they may find a way to open the cage... any day now....
Thief/babysnatcher can already free prisoners from constructed/placed cages. (probably not from cages that are in stockpiles).
Bonfire mod (and cutting-edge Genesis) let you start a fort mode grassfire via Bonfire Workshop. Bushfire burns wooden cages and then you get half-burned prisoners fleeing, good times.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: June 10, 2011, 12:09:51 pm »

Hmm I just got my 2nd siege. I kinda ignored the first one... This one started off with about 8 zombie trolls running up to my gate... Now they are just standing next to my flood gate like they may be trying to break it down. =(

Should I wall off my entrance or will that keep them out?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: June 10, 2011, 02:34:02 pm »

A related question. My Dwarves are insisting on loading something into a bin outside. I don't know what, but I have received the message: "Urust cancels store item in Bin, drop-off point inaccessible" seven times today.

Is there any way to preempt this god-damned job?

Nick
Forbid the bin?

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: June 10, 2011, 02:59:28 pm »

Can dwarves create artifact tools with strange moods?  Or only weapons, crafts, toys, etc.?

Does nobody know the answer to this, then?  Has anybody ever had an artifact hive/nest box/jug/etc.?

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: June 10, 2011, 03:22:18 pm »

I just got a strange mood, a secretive one, and it says he needs glass. I made 1 raw green glass but he still isnt doing anything. Do I need a different type of glass or what? It also says he needs shiny bars which is metal according to the wiki but it have a bunch of metal bars.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: June 10, 2011, 03:26:04 pm »

I just got a strange mood, a secretive one, and it says he needs glass. I made 1 raw green glass but he still isnt doing anything. Do I need a different type of glass or what? It also says he needs shiny bars which is metal according to the wiki but it have a bunch of metal bars.
He might need more than 1 raw glass.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:45:01 pm by evileeyore »

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: June 10, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »

How do you make bags?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: June 10, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »

Clothier's Shop, requires cloth; or Leatherworker's Shop, requires leather.

If you don't have cloth, read the wiki.  If you don't have leather, read the wiki

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: June 10, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »

i am italian. i have an italian friend who has no intention at all of reading in english.
What i need is basically the italian version of boatmurdered, or of any fun succession games...
do they exist? is there anyone out there? if i can manage to make him laugh at one in italian, he'd have no problem reading from the english...he's just a lazy bum i guess. Boatmurdered in italian would be nice.

Use Google Translate & copy-paste to translate it.  One translation will keep most of it understandable, and potentially make it that much more funny.

Then translate it BACK, and make a new thread here with the English - Italian - English translation, and send me a PM with a link to the thread here PLEASE.

Just the thought of reading twice-Google-translated boatmurdered has me laughing already.  But I don't want it enough to do it for you, *grin*
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: June 10, 2011, 05:31:31 pm »

A request for metal bars may be a specific metal.  If it is then it'll be the metal said dwarf 'likes'
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: June 10, 2011, 05:35:09 pm »

He probably wants more glass.  As mentioned above, he might also want the metal that he likes, but I've never seen that actually happen where a dwarf refused to use an available metal bar.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: June 10, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »

What are bookkeepers doing when they drag a barrel full of beer to their desk?

Are they actually drinking it, or are they just staring at it to figure out how much is in it?
Thats another use for useless immigrants.
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1178