Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126049 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #12090 on: June 01, 2011, 08:31:57 pm »

Is the pick in a stockpile?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #12091 on: June 01, 2011, 09:21:20 pm »

My pressure plate isn't being triggered by my goblin spearman :(
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: June 01, 2011, 09:26:08 pm »

My tanner's shop is max-cluttered even when only one dwarf is working there with a single skin and nothing waiting to be hauled.  Why?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: June 01, 2011, 09:29:58 pm »

My tanner's shop is max-cluttered even when only one dwarf is working there with a single skin and nothing waiting to be hauled.  Why?
Bug. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #12094 on: June 01, 2011, 11:27:59 pm »

Does the stocks screen clothing include owned clothing?
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: June 01, 2011, 11:31:15 pm »

Bug. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it.

Yep, just the way it is. It will also be instantly cluttered by a single elephant tusk, a pile of horse hair, etc etc.  Not so much a bug as a balance issue, per se, but still an issue.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:08 pm »

ok... thanks.

New problem.

Dorf with mining job. Not in a burrow. Non forbid copper pick in stockpile. No citizen alert. No job. No locked door, anything (path is clear). Numerous squares to mine. Why he don't take the job?

Usually turning off the labor, unpausing for a moment, and turning it back on will do the trick, if the equipping is a problem. Won't work if the pick is forbiddened or claimed, or the miner is in armed militia. They could be on break as mentioned above, if they're not equipped.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: June 02, 2011, 01:34:40 am »

The pick may be claimed as a weapon.  Either by the miner in question or another warrior.  Picks are tagged as being mining picks or military picks.  If you ever try to get one guy to alternate between both youll notice he wont unless he has access to a second pick.

Otherwise AutomataKitty is right with remove labour, unpause, add labour.  Adding miner or hunter labour applies an invisible uniform and will resend the command to gear up.  If in doubt, make another pick.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: June 02, 2011, 03:20:35 am »

Hi all,
I've got a small problem with one of my wounded in the hospital, we are fully stocked with all types of medical aid available, have full facilities (tables and traction benches) and a working well.

Now I had my Legendary Armorsmith wounded heavily in an ambush and he was all broken up from that. My medical team was fully armed and well-versed for anything, fixed him up pretty good yet somehow they cannot or will not agree to fix him up by immobilization/traction.

In the Health screen those are the only things he needs yet nobody will provide it, leaving my armorsmith sleeping in his nice cozy bed, directly adjacent to the traction bench and table...

On a side note, he is partly infected but has the trait (almost never sick) so it doesn't display(?) that he is infected, he can't stand and is having trouble breathing but is doing fine despite all that. My medical team is standing right next to him, all health labors are on for those who know them and are just staring at his sleeping husk, all of them doing nothing (No Job)...

And none of them even tried to bring him at all to the table/bench...

I need help because I really need metal shields smithed :/

On a completely unrelated note, water + blood = contamination right?
So does blood splattered walls affect the water passing by it?
And if it is a bathtub, then will those with open wounds get infected by passing through the tub?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:33:49 am by Tiruin »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:25 am »

Hi all,
I've got a small problem with one of my wounded in the hospital, we are fully stocked with all types of medical aid available, have full facilities (tables and traction benches) and a working well.
that's a tough one.  i'm assuming he's got "needs immobilization" in the required health care submenu?  i'd try rebuilding the traction bench, especially if the fort was created in an earlier version; they were definitely bugged at some point.  couple other really random possibilities could be an accidentally forbidden traction bench or de{a}ctivated hospital zone.  maybe try enabling bone doctor on a couple random idlers, as far as i know only unskilled surgeons cause problems beyond "being slow"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: June 02, 2011, 04:16:31 am »

Hi all,
that's a tough one.  i'm assuming he's got "needs immobilization" in the required health care submenu?  i'd try rebuilding the traction bench, especially if the fort was created in an earlier version; they were definitely bugged at some point.  couple other really random possibilities could be an accidentally forbidden traction bench or de{a}ctivated hospital zone.  maybe try enabling bone doctor on a couple random idlers, as far as i know only unskilled surgeons cause problems beyond "being slow"

He needs both immobilization and traction req's yet my team just loves staring at his pus filled wounds...

Also, I tried taking everything out and replacing them, no use...
Even the bed he was on didn't wake him up when it was slipped right under him, he was still resting soundly.

On the medical team, most of them are higher than "Great" and they are fully equipped to deal with these situations, the chief medical dwarf is also great in diagnosis.

And I forgot to mention that I'm on the Genesis Mod but I don't think that affects it at all.

Hospital is active. Beds are adjacent to traction benches, none are forbidden.

Thanks for the reply :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:22:28 am by Tiruin »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: June 02, 2011, 04:47:16 am »

huh, i'm stumped.  maybe it's something related to that old powder cast bug?  try forcing them to use a splint by forbidding all your plaster?  if you have plaster?  maybe double check to make sure the patient isn't assigned to a burrow?

if all else fails you could always drop him two levels, see if some new injuries kick-start the situation

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: June 02, 2011, 07:30:37 am »

Check (v) (z) (h) and see the full list of treatments that have been indicated.  I think the game will always process them in top-to-bottom order.  So if the top line says "Diagnosis required" then nothing will happen until another diagnosis has been performed.  Or if it says "Needs immobilization" first, then make sure you've got splints (or bags of plaster + cloth) and a bone doctor.  Etc.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: June 02, 2011, 09:11:42 am »

I've had that problem recently  - my Talented Butcher/Novice Bone Doctor (Rusty) chief medical dwarf (former miner)  left the patient miner (who was a better bone doctor than the medical dwarf) on the surgery table for weeks. Nobody was interested. I checked and had no casting powder in the hospital. I remembered buying some of it couple of years earlier, so went to the z-stocks, found it, forbade and then unforbade.  Another miner with Bone Doctor skill immediately rushed to the stockpile with Apply Cast job. Apparently forbidding and unforbidding has cleared some flags. You may want to do the same with your gypsum and/or cloth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: June 02, 2011, 11:01:57 am »

I finally found the result to that, sadly it looks like most of the topics discussed were not in it but it helped anyway :D.

Somehow, before I found the answer, all the health screen displayed was "T,I," No diagnosis required.
My medics were doing nothing at all to help the guy stuck in his bed, still resting.

I had to take out EVERYTHING in the hospital, the well included. And still the armorsmith kept sleeping soundly on the cavern floor, the medical team exchanged glances and left to their own work.

For a month and a half he lay there, "Resting".

Then he finally got up and moved crawled to put some clothes in his cabinet, that was when I put back the hospital.

It fixed itself but still, nobody even dared use the unforbidden gypsum powder. Now he is fixed up and limping free!

P.S. I had only one bone doctor, it looks like he finally decided to work on his patient after he got up and after the suturing/dressing ended.

And also, it never said anything in the announcements about him needing any of the immobilization or stuff, the only thing that happened was him sleeping. It was only by the health screen that I knew he needed those.

Thanks for those who helped!!

Now onto my smaller question, does blood spatters on walls affect the water passing by it? I'm wondering if it will affect my only water source because of that.

And do dwarven bathtubs keep the diseases/syndromes in them, as a health barrier to all those who step in it?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:05:13 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1178