Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1126149 times)

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #12075 on: June 01, 2011, 02:28:03 am »

I have a problem with a wall section that is always getting cancelled and I don't quite understand the reason. The Dorfs say items are blocking, but the only items there are some slate, which are in (Dump) designation ... And they are never dump by the way, so this is as if they can't be moved. I checked, there is nothing to deconstruct either.

There is also the possibility that the stone that blocks the construction is already marked to be used for building another wall tile, and nobody wants to touch it until it is done. Happens quite often for big construction projects with lots of stone scattered around

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:30 am »

Urist McMason:  Well, I need to build these two walls here.  Ok, time for wall A.  Oops, this stone on that spot is going to be used to build wall B, time to suspend this wall.  On to wall B.  Oops, this stone on that spot is going to be used to build wall A.  Time to suspend this wall.   :P

Happens all the time.  One any object is tasked for a specific job it's unmoveable except for that job.  Basically it's forbidden except for that one task.  And will thus suspend anything being built on that spot.

Items marked to be dumped, and I think the same for melted but I'm not certain, are still moveable until that specific item is tasked.  And all items being moved from a square are part of the task for that building until it's finished.

The best option is to cancel all the involved walls, forbid everything in those squares, let the game advance a moment, unforbid the items, then rebuild the walls one at a time.  Note though that this will cancel anything that was to be built with any of the items that were forbidden, but only when a dwarf tries to finish that task.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: June 01, 2011, 03:59:16 am »

But I need to trade my stone craft, and with her making a mandate, I cant even select the "CRAFT" during trade.

anyway, I made a small room with a small traps with a black bear on it.

I will see if I can find another way to go around the mandate.

Are nobles just there to make things difficult for you ? or are there something good that will happen when you make a noble happy ?

May be too late to reply but You can just turn off "Culling on mandates" in the trade screen

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:31 am »

Ok, So I made the mistake of selecting a Civ that has no king but does have emissaries.
I made offerings, became duke , then reached awesomeness and was ready to take up the king title when suddenly out of nowhere the king appears and instantly dissapears from my map.

I know this is bug related as it has been reported in bugzilla, however I'd like to know if there is any way I could make my duke take over that king title by modding or using some utility?

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: June 01, 2011, 10:06:48 am »

I have a problem with a wall section that is always getting cancelled and I don't quite understand the reason. The Dorfs say items are blocking, but the only items there are some slate, which are in (Dump) designation ... And they are never dump by the way, so this is as if they can't be moved. I checked, there is nothing to deconstruct either.

There is also the possibility that the stone that blocks the construction is already marked to be used for building another wall tile, and nobody wants to touch it until it is done. Happens quite often for big construction projects with lots of stone scattered around

I believe you nailed the issue my good sir! I'll thus cancel the gargantuesque wall outside, to see if -= at last =- a lazy dwarf will want to move the 3 slate rocks blocking the construction of the miniwall in the cavern.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: June 01, 2011, 10:10:09 am »

Don't. Just forbid the stone and let the game run. Then only the problem sections will be cancelled.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:51 am »

Hm, my Expedition leader (well, miner now I have a mayor) has been in traction for more than a month now and he's completely done with the treatments, will someone de-tract him? I'd like it if he could work again.  :-\
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #12082 on: June 01, 2011, 11:52:02 am »

Hm, my Expedition leader (well, miner now I have a mayor) has been in traction for more than a month now and he's completely done with the treatments, will someone de-tract him? I'd like it if he could work again.  :-\

If you're sure he's done with traction (it can take over a year in really bad cases) you can force him to be released by deconstructing the traction bench.  I've found that my dwarves aren't always prompt about letting healed patients out of traction.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: June 01, 2011, 12:39:13 pm »

Hm, all treatments are done but maybe I'd better wait. It'd be a shame if he kept a wound due my lack of patience.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:37 pm »

I need a confirmation. The material used in making a XBow has no importance (except if you want to hammer with it, so density, but that's not my point here), for the damage potential, right? Only bolts have importance here, and quality of XBow, quality of bolt, right?

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: June 01, 2011, 02:27:58 pm »

I need a confirmation. The material used in making a XBow has no importance (except if you want to hammer with it, so density, but that's not my point here), for the damage potential, right? Only bolts have importance here, and quality of XBow, quality of bolt, right?

From what I've seen yes, only density, quality and bolt characteristics matter.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:03 pm »

ok... thanks.

New problem.

Dorf with mining job. Not in a burrow. Non forbid copper pick in stockpile. No citizen alert. No job. No locked door, anything (path is clear). Numerous squares to mine. Why he don't take the job?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: June 01, 2011, 03:59:24 pm »

There are only two problems I can think of:
1. He's in the military.
2. He doesn't have the mining labor enabled.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: June 01, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »

There are only two problems I can think of:
1. He's in the military.
2. He doesn't have the mining labor enabled.
3. He's on an official break (eating, drinking, sleeping, chatting with Dwarves, petting an animal, staring off into space), which is listed as "On Break".
4. He's on an unofficial break (staring off into space), which is listed as "No Job".
5. He's between breaks, and resting up before he decides which break to take next.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:03 pm »

Sometimes, I don't know why, tools like axes and picks get bugged.  The dwarves will no longer use them for the appropriate task.  Try making or trading for a new one and see if that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1178