Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116157 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11970 on: May 28, 2011, 03:46:45 am »

OK, check the bin/barrel settings using the q menu over the finished goods stockpile - make sure you don't have bins set to 0.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: May 28, 2011, 04:10:11 am »

I can't seem to get Bee Keeping going >.< I have a Hive, as well as natural hive inside my fort at the moment(And they are outside, no roof) I have an artificial hive next to the natural one and nothing is happening o.o No moving of colonies, no combs inside the hive, nothing. What am I doing wrong? D:

Beekeeping, being a new profession based on a recent sponsorship animal is still pretty buggy.

When you build artificial hives a dwarf with the beekeeping labour will go and fetch a wild colony from the map and install it, this works fine.  Once the hive is big enough to split it should be a viable target for collection and installation in an empty hive (this is why you prevent product gathering, to let them split).

Where the bug appears is that if say you embark on a map with 2 natural colonies and immediately build three artificial hives you will have problems.  2 will be installed and then your beekeeper will stand on the spot of the last natural hive with the 'install colony' job and do nothing till he is interrupted by hunger/thirst/sleep.  This repeats pretty much forever.  If you think this is whats happening then dismantle any hives empty of bees and rebuild them.  They should then get that its transfers between artificial hives that are now the thing.

From your description though it almost seems like you dont have a free beekeeper since you have a natural hive still to collect.  It seems to be a pretty low prioritised job so maybe try killing off hauling on the dwarf in question for a bit
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: May 28, 2011, 04:17:13 am »

OK, check the bin/barrel settings using the q menu over the finished goods stockpile - make sure you don't have bins set to 0.

OH MY GOD ! THIS WORKS !!

Thank you very much !

I finally don't have to set a giant floor just for stockpile !!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: May 28, 2011, 04:59:32 am »

OH MY GOD ! THIS WORKS !!

Thank you very much !

I finally don't have to set a giant floor just for stockpile !!

If you modify a existing storage area to include items that are binnable, make sure you modify the storage area itself so it allows bins.  Food storage areas, for example, default to 0 bins maximum, I think, because no food is stored in bins - so if you mod a food storage area to also contain pretty much anything else, make sure to mod that bin count setting!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:01:28 am by Farmerbob »
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: May 28, 2011, 06:29:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah, thank you. I abandoned that fort anyways, I didn't like it =/ And the new one I have it's working. Thanks! :3

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: May 28, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »

I've had an unusual problem with my well of late... occasionally, the bucket will fill with water and then sit there and stagnate, so I end up with grimy water filling the bucket and the well therefore being unusable. Is there any solution short of reconstructing it with a different bucket? I've tried ordering the water and the bucket dumped but neither solution works.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: May 28, 2011, 01:09:51 pm »

Are you sure the well is unusable?
I think making the water source more than a single tile deep will solve the problem.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: May 28, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »

Well it pulls from a cave lake, so that's not much of an option...
but my issue lies in the fact that water sits in the bucket, presumably when dwarves go to give my wounded drinks but get distracted, and it THEN becomes stagnant.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: May 28, 2011, 05:08:57 pm »

I managed to capture some carp in cages. I know I can't tame them, but will the breed even if wild? It used to be that wild animals reproduced, but I haven't played in a while and with the version changes and all...

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #11979 on: May 28, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »

In the current version, animals only breed if they have the [PET] tag.  Carp don't.  If they did, you could tame them, and they would breed whether wild or tame.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: May 28, 2011, 05:29:02 pm »

Hmm... well, that's easy to fix. Odd that they have a [PETVALUE] but not an actual [PET] tag, though that probably has something to do with aquatic critters in general.

BlueeulB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: May 28, 2011, 07:19:39 pm »

Hello everyone, just wondering. What can't be stored in a bin? I'm trying to limit my stockpile usage a lot and I need to use bins in order to do so. Thanks in advance. :)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: May 28, 2011, 07:25:48 pm »

Food. Logs. Boulders.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: May 28, 2011, 07:31:56 pm »

Also furniture.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: May 28, 2011, 07:32:58 pm »

Forgot that could be stockpiled. Also refuse.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1178