Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116035 times)

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11730 on: May 20, 2011, 04:09:28 pm »

I think they can, but it's a very minor injury. Not enough to do any damage.

Is it possible to turn  bituminous coal into refined coal bars?
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: May 20, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »

You can turn it into two (or three, I forget which) coke bars at a furnace, but you need a bar of fuel to do it.
You can turn wood into charcoal, which functions identically to coke.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: May 20, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »

I need coal for steel production. Unless I can use coke and stuff. Can I?
I only play legends mode

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: May 20, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »

I need coal for steel production. Unless I can use coke and stuff. Can I?

Any type of refined fuel will do as the carbon source for steel production; this includes "charcoal" (made from wood at a wood furnace) and "coke" (made from bituminous coal and lignite at a smelter).

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: May 20, 2011, 04:23:28 pm »

awesome thanks.
I only play legends mode

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: May 20, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

Can I make a throne or statue in garnet, quartz, etc.? Or I need a stone and only that?

Gems are used only for embellishment or make jewel that are sold?

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: May 20, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »

Fuel : Coke and Charcoal

Use the wiki! I will end up not giving answers you can wiki...

Gems are used only for embellishment or make jewel that are sold?
Gems are used to encrust finished goods and furniture. That's pretty much it. Oh, and moods!
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: May 20, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »

I did, but I wasn't sure of what I had read.

Another question. I had a dwarf that seems to have fallen into a volcano. He's come back as a ghost. I'm aware I can make a slab (wich I will do just incase) but i wanted to know for future reference. Is it possible to bury some one when there are no remains?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:42:42 pm by Zaphod »
I only play legends mode

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: May 20, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

So I heard the circus was coming to town, and I wished to prepare a surprise for them, a special "welcome" surprise. When a floor gets punched through by a cave-in, everything dies, right? so I could just drop a floor down onto the roof of their welcome area, and flatten the lot of it provided that I put enough doors in the welcome area to keep them all in one place, and occupied until the party starts?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: May 20, 2011, 09:21:00 pm »

Another question. I had a dwarf that seems to have fallen into a volcano. He's come back as a ghost. I'm aware I can make a slab (wich I will do just incase) but i wanted to know for future reference. Is it possible to bury some one when there are no remains?
Not really.  They'll get a coffin assigned to them, but it won't prevent ghostification.
So I heard the circus was coming to town, and I wished to prepare a surprise for them, a special "welcome" surprise. When a floor gets punched through by a cave-in, everything dies, right? so I could just drop a floor down onto the roof of their welcome area, and flatten the lot of it provided that I put enough doors in the welcome area to keep them all in one place, and occupied until the party starts?
So long as they're directly below a collapsing floor or wall, they're dead.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: May 20, 2011, 10:23:33 pm »

I did, but I wasn't sure of what I had read.

Nope, that's what the slabs are for.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: May 20, 2011, 11:53:33 pm »

do uniforms still have major issues regarding the correct layering of clothing/armor?

do uniforms still have issues coming from matching left/right gloves and boots of the same quality?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: May 21, 2011, 12:36:59 am »

The handedness issue has been resolved, least in .25. All sets of "pair" items have same quality.
There is still a conflict if you assign a particular item of a uniform, and their civilian attire has same type of item. Replace clothing solves it.
 All in all uniforms are working very well.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

VonCede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: May 21, 2011, 01:48:19 am »

Lol. I apologize, I did not have the Weapon and Armor Bins in my workshop, They were merely lying on the ground and no Dwarf picked them up to stock them.

Weapon and armor bins are not moved in to new stockpiles if they contain items that are not allowed in that stockpile. For example, if you have a stockpile that only allows a iron items and that bin contains copper weapon, dwarfs don't haul it.

Dump items from bin in the garbage, and claim them back. Then dwarfs will sort them out.
Have you tried Wiki or google it?

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: May 21, 2011, 07:10:13 am »

A couple of questions:
1. My workshop orders keep getting cancelled: e.g. i order "make bone bolts\melt metal objects\or almost any magma forge task", put it on repeat and it vanishes in a couple of minutes - sometimes after production, but mostly they simply get cancelled.
I have a large fort ~200+ dwarves, we occupy couple of z-levels, and sometimes distances between stockpiles and workshops can be great, but, most of them are quite close actually.

2. if a have a fortification on z-1 and floor above the fortification on z-2 - can a flying object, or npc pass it (we're talking not submerged fortification ofc), if yes, then can we secure them somehow?

3. How many layers of armour we can don on a dwarf - does it actually gives better protection?

4. After some time dwarves get attached to their items, some time later they make them "artifacts" - do these artifacts get artifact qualities - i.e. indestructability, better precision\deflection?
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1178