Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1089431 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11520 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:58 pm »

I considered this, but if it were true you'd see goblins using more than just trolls, and elves selling more than just tigermen.
Really? How many learning creatures spawn in their domain? I'm pretty sure they're the only ones, but I could be wrong. Where are tigermen in the RAWs anyway?
I'm not entirely certain where tigermen are in the RAWs, but you can find their code on their page of the magmawiki.
As for intelligent creatures that appear in goblin biomes, Dark Gnomes come readily to mind. I've yet to see those used in a siege, though it could just be because they're not all that useful in combat.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: May 14, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »

Well you do look tasty CognitiveDissonance.

Why thank you, I work on it. ...Now back away, I shall not be made into =CognitiveDissonance Tallow Biscuits=
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Music

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ la
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: May 14, 2011, 07:43:04 pm »

You should adopt somebody!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »

CognitiveDissonance has adopted Music.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: May 14, 2011, 07:51:05 pm »

I'm not entirely certain where tigermen are in the RAWs, but you can find their code on their page of the magmawiki.
As for intelligent creatures that appear in goblin biomes, Dark Gnomes come readily to mind. I've yet to see those used in a siege, though it could just be because they're not all that useful in combat.
I'm gonna experiment with world gens and the [LIKES_FIGHTING] and biomes to see how slavery works exactly. I would say we make a thread on this but it'll probably be short lived.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: May 14, 2011, 08:00:58 pm »

I'm gonna experiment with world gens and the [LIKES_FIGHTING] and biomes to see how slavery works exactly. I would say we make a thread on this but it'll probably be short lived.
Creating a thread for this might be useful for consolidating information.
However I'm feeling too lazy to actually test anything at the moment.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: May 14, 2011, 08:02:23 pm »

Creating a thread for this might be useful for consolidating information.
However I'm feeling too lazy to actually test anything at the moment.

ThatKid cancels research: On Break

Music

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ la
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:20 pm »

CognitiveDissonance has adopted Music.

=3

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: May 14, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »

Wow, I have been gone for a LONG time, since December of last year or so. War will do that to you heh.

So what has changed? I was here when bees were just being introduced so any major game breaking-tear-your-hair-out-super-special-awesome-fun-time changes/bugs/features since then?
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: May 14, 2011, 08:24:56 pm »

Wow, I have been gone for a LONG time, since December of last year or so. War will do that to you heh.

So what has changed? I was here when bees were just being introduced so any major game breaking-tear-your-hair-out-super-special-awesome-fun-time changes/bugs/features since then?
You missed the adding of [PRONE_TO_RAGE:X] tag which made badgers evil forces of nature. And Penguins. Really nothing much but soon enough undead will be rehashed and along with night-creatures (addition of curses).
(See the Front)

I'll get on that in the Morn...zzzzzz
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: May 14, 2011, 08:37:10 pm »

I'll get on that in the Morn...zzzzzz
ArkFallen cancels post: Sleeping

EDIT: I just realized that I was editing the WRONG RAWS (as in, the RAWs of the wrong save). Trolls are entirely tameable without editing of ethics, however once they are released from their cages the military will slaughter them. He fought back, so I'm not sure if this incident was caused by the troll in question already having a kill (and thus not actually being tamed) or not but I don't feel like continuing to test it.
Also, everyone was terrified of him. I imagine this was because he was also part of an enemy civilization, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:07:16 pm by thatkid »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: May 14, 2011, 09:25:28 pm »

So what has changed? I was here when bees were just being introduced

Pretty much just bug fixes since then.  0.31.25 is a mostly-stable release, and has been out for almost 2 months now.  Toady's working on a big new-feature release, ETA unknown.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

El Payaso Malo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: May 14, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »

Why don't artifacts show up on the list of items I can haul to the depot for trade?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: May 14, 2011, 10:30:00 pm »

Artifacts are not sellable.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #11534 on: May 15, 2011, 12:06:32 am »

I know that setting 'restricted' doesn't stop the pather from pathing over that area, but rather makes them even less likely to use that path, but is there a way to make 'restricted' essentially a wall? If I change the init settings for restricted to 9000 would that be the same? O.o

It's either that, or I'm going to be building lots of walls and doors to control traffic.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1178