Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122530 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11370 on: May 10, 2011, 08:26:24 pm »

Is there any way to force a diplomat to leave without actually meeting him?

I locked the world out years ago, but the Mountainhomes insist on sending a fresh liaison every year. None of them ever starve, and none of them ever leave, so now I've got 17 of the bastards chilling outside my fort.

If I do let them in I'll get 17 trade agreements. If I kill them (and it would be easy, just turn invaders back on) I'll have to make memorials for all 17 or be haunted. Which would mean I;d have to find all 17 of the twits on the memorials list...

I just want these dummies to get the diplomacy stymied message and go away.

Nick

You have 17 liaisons outside your fort ??? 17 ??? AHAHAHAHA

Anyways, magma.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:22 pm »

I just took off all high maintenance jobs so she would become ecstatic from my fantastic dining room, but she just started walking off with no job toward the mine. ???

edit: So she gets to the bottom of the mine (where she was when she glitched) and just started pacing the 1 wide corridors for a bit and starts right back to the surface from the mine (its in a different location from the fort

Dwarves with No Job often go back to where they last worked.  Not always... sometimes they'll go outside to the part of the map where they migrated in from, or hang around the dining hall, or the last place they were stationed if they're in a mil squad, etc.  But I have noticed them revisiting their recent work sites fairly often; it seems to be a Dwarf Thing.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #11372 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »

Does every kind of equipment still only need one bar of metal to make?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: May 10, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »

Seriyu, some items, be it furniture, or armor, have always needed more than one bar. Breastplates are an example
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #11374 on: May 10, 2011, 10:39:31 pm »

EDIT: nevermind
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:55:36 pm by Seriyu »

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #11375 on: May 10, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »

Seriyu, some items, be it furniture, or armor, have always needed more than one bar. Breastplates are an example

? I made breastplate with one bar. Mind you if I only have one bar I usually get an error message, but it still costs one bar.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: May 10, 2011, 11:55:03 pm »

How can I see the populations of civilizations? I want to make sure that the goblins are strong and plentiful in my world before I embark.
After world gen (or from the legends menu, possibly) you can export world info. Part of this export is a list of sites and their populations.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11377 on: May 11, 2011, 12:03:57 am »

Does every kind of equipment still only need one bar of metal to make?
Yes.
This is said to be a bug, and may be changed in a later version.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: May 11, 2011, 03:37:02 am »

I'm unfamiliar with editing the raws.

I'd like to make goblins weaker & die quicker, at least so that the trade caravan guards can defend themselfes against an ambush. What shall I change in the raws of goblins in order to achieve that?

Edit: Okay, after experimenting around a little, I reduced their sizes by 1/3:
Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:2000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:10000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:40000]

Testing in arena shows weaker goblins, what I wanted. Could I run into problems with my raw-editing, or would you agree that this is a legitimate solution to my problem?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:22:09 am by Spitfire »
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11379 on: May 11, 2011, 05:22:06 am »

little question truly (maybe) idiotic...
Mods. how do you install them? and how can you make them coexist with lazy newb pack tile changer?
i mean, i tried copy-pasteing files from one mod in the raw, results were DOTTED dwarfs who stood still even when they had picks to dig area i selected or things to do...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Vogar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: May 11, 2011, 10:57:31 am »

Hello Im kinda new to DF, started like a 15th fort and I recently got a silly mandate to make Unicorn bone items, how do I make my dwarf make one? making a stockpile with unicorn refuse near a Craftsworkshop didnt worked he is still picking some wierd shit from allover the map :( stock menu does not show any details like unicorn corpses but i got em in a refuse pile with some horns hoofs etc

~Vogar

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: May 11, 2011, 12:10:09 pm »

Hello Im kinda new to DF, started like a 15th fort and I recently got a silly mandate to make Unicorn bone items, how do I make my dwarf make one? making a stockpile with unicorn refuse near a Craftsworkshop didnt worked he is still picking some wierd shit from allover the map :( stock menu does not show any details like unicorn corpses but i got em in a refuse pile with some horns hoofs etc

~Vogar
I'm pretty sure you temporarily give your crafting guy a burrow only encompassing the workshop and the unicorn bone stockpile.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: May 11, 2011, 12:10:56 pm »

~Vogar
Horns and hoofs don't count as bones (I think), you'll need actual bones.
Dwarves will choose the closest material to the dwarf when doing a job. This means that if they're closer to another type of bone when the job starts, they'll use that bone instead.

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: May 11, 2011, 01:50:07 pm »

I just had a fey mood create a serrated bronze disc, and here's my question: Put in trap, save it, increase room value, or trade? I don't know if using a legendary trap piece is a good idea, so I pose this question to the masses.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: May 11, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »

I just had a fey mood create a serrated bronze disc, and here's my question: Put in trap, save it, increase room value, or trade? I don't know if using a legendary trap piece is a good idea, so I pose this question to the masses.
You can't trade away your artifacts.
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1178