Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120729 times)

Tuonelan renki

• Bay Watcher
  • Knitting black wool.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11340 on: May 09, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »

Crutches work since .22

Ah, thanks.

Now I just need to figure out why noone is giving the poor guy one.
"We'll trade all your gold, cheese and prepared rabbit intestines to this box full of crap we carved out of limestone."
-Rockworks Sprayedswords, Baron of Helmsplunge

BlueeulB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: May 09, 2011, 06:36:48 pm »

Starving migrants to death without them getting into my fort will not affect any Dwarves within my fort, will it? Not too fun of a tantrum spiral.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: May 09, 2011, 06:43:51 pm »

No, since your dwarves aren't friends with them they won't be affected by their deaths.
They might be killed by angry ghosts, though.

Lortath

• Bay Watcher
  • Alway symmetric, alway perfect, alway.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: May 09, 2011, 06:54:50 pm »

Starving migrants to death without them getting into my fort will not affect any Dwarves within my fort, will it? Not too fun of a tantrum spiral.

No, your dwarfs will be okay.
But, don't forget how dwarfs are thoughs. They can hunt vermin and drink water from pools and rivers. Living near the insanity, in the front of yours doors. Any dwarf who go outside can be attacked (or, starting a conversation and becoming friend.)

Migrants are more feared than goblins...

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: May 09, 2011, 08:13:12 pm »

They can hunt vermin and drink water from pools and rivers.
If the zone preference for drinking (water source) is set to zone-only then they should ignore the pools and rivers, as long as you don't have a zone they can access.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: May 09, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »

Quote from: tolkafox
Why do tasked refuse items (Like a single kitten skull or a single bone) clutter up my workshops when they're the only items present in the workshop

Fixed. I have a refuse pile for random items, one for fresh hides, one for bones/hooves/etc, one for skulls, one for hair/wool, and one for corpses.

Its a bug

fcannon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: May 09, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »

Is there any difference in value between clothes made from yarn from different animals? Or pigtail/rope reed thread? I can't find the info on the wiki.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: May 09, 2011, 11:06:19 pm »

Is there any difference in value between clothes made from yarn from different animals? Or pigtail/rope reed thread? I can't find the info on the wiki.
I believe that yarn from some animals is worth more, like meat, leather, and bones.
I could be wrong.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: May 09, 2011, 11:38:40 pm »

I believe that yarn from some animals is worth more, like meat, leather, and bones.
I could be wrong.
Far as I'm aware, aside from trolls, hair can't be weaved into cloth. Otherwise, thread non-dyed, it looks like cave spider silk and yarn are valued the same , and pigtail and rope reed thread are the same. Also looks like the same pattern with cloth as well.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:48 am »

Why do refuse items (Like a kitten skull or a single bone) clutter up my workshops?

This can be caused by workshops being outdoors.  If your dwarves are set to not pick up refuse from outdoors, and you have a butchering shop next to a farm growing outdoor crops...

I've made this mistake a time or two.

Putting a floor over the top to block out the sun doesn't make the area "underground" again.  Dwarves won't pick up certain items from the butchery until you move it underground, or set the defults to have the dwarves collect pretty much everything on the map that they are allowed to get to with their burrow assignments.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: May 10, 2011, 02:43:44 am »

Crutches work since .22

Ah, thanks.

I think there is a difference between missing one leg and crutching around, and missing two legs.  I have a legendary axedwarf who had the nerves severed in both his legs.  He still technically has them, but he crawls to sparring sessions, despite the pimp hospital I got going on.  Aside from that case, crutches have worked great the current releases.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:00:39 am by drkpaladin »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #11351 on: May 10, 2011, 03:22:15 am »

Now I just need to figure out why noone is giving the poor guy one [crutch].
Check that you have tables and coffers/bags in the hospital. And then craft a few new crutches.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #11352 on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:48 am »

I think there is a difference between missing one leg and crutching around, and missing two legs.  I have a legendary axedwarf who had the nerves severed in both his legs.  He still technically has them, but he crawls to sparring sessions, despite the pimp hospital I got going on.  Aside from that case, crutches have worked great the current releases.
I guess he has healed as far as he can, and is now in "crawl around mode".

(oops, double post. I blame sleepyheadedness.)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: May 10, 2011, 04:05:12 am »

Crutches work since .22

Ah, thanks.

Errr, if you can't stand at all, crutches are not much good for you in RL, if Toady has actually made it so in DF, thats kindof cool :)

Guess we need wheelchairs next...
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11354 on: May 10, 2011, 04:10:40 am »

magma powered wheelchairs. they should have mechanism, corkscrews and be made of metal of any kind, and a legendary wheelchairer could fight just as well as a normal soldier. the only prblem would be the need to fill them through stations filled with magma that if destroyed by building destroyers would unleashs magma hells in the form of fire tornadoes...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1178