Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120676 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11310 on: May 08, 2011, 02:20:28 am »

Is it possible to drop a wall segment into the ocean and have it "live through it" at the bottom of the ocean? Would dropping two constructed walls down leave a single wall at that spot at the bottom of the ocean?

The lack of supports on my pier bugs me.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: May 08, 2011, 02:29:13 am »

Is it possible to drop a wall segment into the ocean and have it "live through it" at the bottom of the ocean? Would dropping two constructed walls down leave a single wall at that spot at the bottom of the ocean?

The lack of supports on my pier bugs me.

Constructed walls deconstruct when they cave in, you need to use either natural stone (I doubt you have any above your peir, unfortunately) or cast obsidian. Cast obsidian works like natural stone walls, so it will survive the drop to the bottom of the ocean.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #11312 on: May 08, 2011, 02:37:19 am »

Hmmm, dang. Might give the obsidian a shot, thanks!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: May 08, 2011, 09:59:08 am »

Will incubating elk birds starve themselves? Mine seems to be intent on doing so and it is making me nervous  since I only have one female.
Memento Mori

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: May 08, 2011, 11:19:44 am »

Will incubating elk birds starve themselves? Mine seems to be intent on doing so and it is making me nervous  since I only have one female.
Yes. Elk birds are the only egg layers that need to graze, so this is only a problem for them.

Lortath

• Bay Watcher
  • Alway symmetric, alway perfect, alway.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: May 08, 2011, 02:39:06 pm »

If my fortress civ don't have leader in the [c] menu, they are extinct?
How to improve world generation for having not 3/4 dwarven and kobolds civ extincts of starvation?

PenguinHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Promotion to Duke
« Reply #11316 on: May 08, 2011, 04:49:45 pm »

Hi All,

I now have the king and capital at my fortress, but it happened when I still have a Count, not a Duke.

Am I correct in believing that since I no longer get a liaison with the dwarf caravan that I can't get that final promotion for my noble? Or can it come from the king?

Thanks.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #11317 on: May 08, 2011, 05:51:52 pm »

...Who corrupted Toady with necromania?

Shame on you, whoever it was! Then again, my corpse stockpiles were a tad boring...
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: May 08, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »

If my baron dies... from going insane... do I ever get another one? The liason didn't seem to come back and go "Here you are, don't break it this time." Also the king doesn't exist, and he 'showed up' with his entourage with a message, which consisted of 4 legendary soldiers and no King.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #11319 on: May 08, 2011, 08:47:56 pm »

You only seem to get the offer for a baron once.  If he dies, you don't get another one.  And if the king is dead, but you reach the conditions for a king, you get the message but no kind shows up.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: May 08, 2011, 09:17:42 pm »

now I got something wierd going on right now. for a whole season now, I've been trying to get my countess to meet with the human diplomat(they're cool and bring some good stuff on occasion) and it says that she's conducting the meeting, but nothing is happening(as in I'm not getting the messages saying "nice place you got here" etc) and not only that but she's doing it in the training room, not in her room(burrowing doesn't move her at all for some reason) there are only 1 thing that i might explain this and thats that her room isn't up to snuff and she won't conduct the meeting in there. is my guess right?

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: May 08, 2011, 09:26:28 pm »

If my baron dies... from going insane... do I ever get another one? The liason didn't seem to come back and go "Here you are, don't break it this time." Also the king doesn't exist, and he 'showed up' with his entourage with a message, which consisted of 4 legendary soldiers and no King.
Baron, Count, Duke, and King all pass on the title to offspring.

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: May 08, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »

OMG she went to go get somthing to eat and then when she finished she was conducting the meeting and got the diplomat to say something! but now she went to go clean herself -_-

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: May 08, 2011, 09:49:08 pm »

Hide the soap. Create a legendary vault, locked doors, magma traps, guarded by giant honey badgers and tame undead scorpians and plump helmet men, just to put the soap in there so that nobody can get at it.

I don't trust soap.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: May 08, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

If my fortress civ don't have leader in the [c] menu, they are extinct?
How to improve world generation for having not 3/4 dwarven and kobolds civ extincts of starvation?

No Dwarf civilization embarks are actually desired over at the dwarf fortress file depot.  If you don't have a dwarf civ, you get a couple immigration waves, then that's it, no more except what you breed in your fortress.  Some people really like this.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 1178