Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120152 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10875 on: April 20, 2011, 06:43:25 pm »

A very important dwarf just broke a lot of bones in my fort, i'm still a newbie so I think I should first master the basics before attempting to heal broken bones, is there a mod/tool that will allow me to heal him?

I am currently using v0 31 21

Well, I hope he doesn't have any irreparable foot/leg damage.  If he does, you may be screwed, given that version.

Short of that, I'd actually build the hospital and the supplies, and see how it goes.  A bar of soap, some cloth, some thread, some splints.  You won't need crutches in that version, because they weren't implemented yet (back then).

Enable the healthcare labors on someone, if you haven't already.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: April 20, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »

I figured out my problem. somehow I had the labor disabled in (o)rders. But now I have a worse problem: I had set up an adamantine bridge to gate magma for my forges. I loaded it with quartzite mechanisms, which I understood to be magma-safe. I used adamantine because the wiki lists it as magma-safe. But when I dropped the bridge, the damn thing melted.

Is adamantine NOT magma safe?

Are you sure all the mechanisms were magma safe? Because adamantine is definitely safe. Don't use adamantine for that, though, it's a waste of the most Fun material in the game.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: April 20, 2011, 06:49:15 pm »

ok, so what can i kill a bronze colosuss with in adventure mode. iron long sswords dont work even with the greatest warrior ever apparently, i cant get any steel weapons, what should i do.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: April 20, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »

A very important dwarf just broke a lot of bones in my fort, i'm still a newbie so I think I should first master the basics before attempting to heal broken bones, is there a mod/tool that will allow me to heal him?

I am currently using v0 31 21

Well, I hope he doesn't have any irreparable foot/leg damage.  If he does, you may be screwed, given that version.

Short of that, I'd actually build the hospital and the supplies, and see how it goes.  A bar of soap, some cloth, some thread, some splints.  You won't need crutches in that version, because they weren't implemented yet (back then).

Enable the healthcare labors on someone, if you haven't already.

I don't know how to make half of the stuff you mentioned, well I guess it is time to begin a new fort, it's a shame though this one was turning out nice.

Having said that, I though I was playing the latest version, I guess it's time for me to update.

Thank you anyway.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: April 20, 2011, 06:53:15 pm »

ok, so what can i kill a bronze colosuss with in adventure mode. iron long sswords dont work even with the greatest warrior ever apparently, i cant get any steel weapons, what should i do.

Try throwing fluffy wamblers at it.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: April 20, 2011, 07:06:14 pm »

or a rope reed fiber left sock.

also, how much do i have to do to get my strength up to superior, im a hero and ive got my swordsman up to legendary lvl 5, hammerman up to adept and about 6 other strength skills up to talented. it started at high. is there a very high inbetween, i cant rember.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: April 20, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »

I have plenty of adamantine. I have two of Armok's whiskers piercing the surface of my world(from z-100 to z+4) both with their centers exposed to the sky; it's a 100% safe source, until I decide to dig into whisker #3. I have more than I know what to do with; I'm considering re-walling my living area with adamantine.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: April 20, 2011, 07:46:30 pm »

Sell Adamantine crafts. One to a customer.
Never pet a burning dog.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: April 20, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »

I already sell it like that; in other news, now I'm trying to figure out the best way to get ALL non-adamantine clothing/armor/weapons into a dump pile so I can atom-smash them. My problem is that it appears that most of these items which I wish to smash into oblivion are sitting foolishly in chests. How do I get these items OUT of the chests so that I can get them INTO my dump zone for smashy destruction?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #10884 on: April 20, 2011, 08:14:20 pm »

Asking question again as it's rather urgent due to a sudden band of amazingly dodgy rhesus macaques.

Now I have a question which is, is there a way to get rid of those dead saplings and shrubs?

they're blocking my farms.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: April 20, 2011, 08:28:09 pm »

Dirt roads?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #10886 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:37 pm »

Good idea! Thanks.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:05 pm »

I already sell it like that; in other news, now I'm trying to figure out the best way to get ALL non-adamantine clothing/armor/weapons into a dump pile so I can atom-smash them. My problem is that it appears that most of these items which I wish to smash into oblivion are sitting foolishly in chests. How do I get these items OUT of the chests so that I can get them INTO my dump zone for smashy destruction?
Make sure you have a bookkeeper set to Highest Precision, that has a chair assigned.  Then hit "z" to open the Status menu.  If your bookkeeper has done enough work you should be able to select the Stocks menu and see a complete list.

In that menu arrow down to the appropriate choice, in this case Armor, Legwear, Headwear, Handwear, and Footwear.  Arrow over to select the items you want to dump and hit "d".  This designates all of the specific type of item to be dumped, such as all sheep wool caps.  If there's a dim "D" next to the item it means some of them have already been marked to be dumped.  Hit "d" once to remove it then hit "d" again, which should mark it with a bright "D".  You can also designate items to be melted or forbidden this way.

If you want to choose from the entire list of that category hit "tab".  This changes the list from groups of items, like all sheep wool caps, to every individual item of each type, sorted by quality.

Note that each individual material AND item type that you have is in the Stocks menu.  So you'll have to go through a list of sheep wool caps, alpaca caps, rope reed caps, pond grabber leather caps, turkey leather caps, and so on.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: April 20, 2011, 11:52:38 pm »

Make sure you have a bookkeeper set to Highest Precision, that has a chair assigned.  Then hit "z" to open the Status menu.  If your bookkeeper has done enough work you should be able to select the Stocks menu and see a complete list.

In that menu arrow down to the appropriate choice, in this case Armor, Legwear, Headwear, Handwear, and Footwear.  Arrow over to select the items you want to dump and hit "d".  This designates all of the specific type of item to be dumped, such as all sheep wool caps.  If there's a dim "D" next to the item it means some of them have already been marked to be dumped.  Hit "d" once to remove it then hit "d" again, which should mark it with a bright "D".  You can also designate items to be melted or forbidden this way.

If you want to choose from the entire list of that category hit "tab".  This changes the list from groups of items, like all sheep wool caps, to every individual item of each type, sorted by quality.

Note that each individual material AND item type that you have is in the Stocks menu.  So you'll have to go through a list of sheep wool caps, alpaca caps, rope reed caps, pond grabber leather caps, turkey leather caps, and so on.
But that only works so long as the items are not owned. If dwarves have already laid claim to it, the only way to liberate these items is to kill the owner. Or fill the room with magma. Or fill the room with magma while the owner is inside it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: April 21, 2011, 12:17:36 am »

He could flood his entire fort with magma. Anything not behind the adamantine double doors dies.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1178