Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120042 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10860 on: April 20, 2011, 03:45:00 pm »

What's the average bee colony size? I have 14k bees in a hive, that seems right. I'm also wondering if they can kill FPS.

I'm not sure about average bee colony size- mine seem to chill around 20k, but I haven't quite grasped the beekeeping industry yet.

They won't kill FPS since the bees don't pathfind- they utilize the same teleportation that vermin use.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: April 20, 2011, 03:50:40 pm »

Is it possible to make bumblebee mead?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: April 20, 2011, 03:54:36 pm »

I've never actually heard of a capybara killing a dog either. Still, it isn't totally implausible, particularly if the dog was on the small side and boar felt threatened. They are basically rats/cavies rather larger than a German Shepard, if not as mean.

Barons do not come back and AFAIK their deaths give no more unhappy thoughts than normal dwarven deaths. You can pick your baron though so you ought to be able to find somebody who doesn't have absurd mandates. A new mayor will be elected if anything happens to the old one but you can (r)eplace them at any time.
Memento Mori

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: April 20, 2011, 03:57:21 pm »

The dog was incredibly skinny but gigantic overall. The fight was over before I knew what was happening (despite there being four pages of combat), and I didn't get a look at the capybara. It got away without a scratch, so I can't get revenge on it personally.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: April 20, 2011, 04:07:28 pm »

How do I get my dwarves to actually put cages in a stockpile? I have a stockpile with EVERYTHING except refuse and corpses enabled, and have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: April 20, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »

Cages go in an animal stockpile.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:12 pm »

Cages go in an animal stockpile.

I have an animal stockpile. But still the cages sit, and it sits empty.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: April 20, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »

I think you have to enable them the same way you enable sand bags in the furniture stockpile.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: April 20, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »

A very important dwarf just broke a lot of bones in my fort, i'm still a newbie so I think I should first master the basics before attempting to heal broken bones, is there a mod/tool that will allow me to heal him?

I am currently using v0 31 21

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #10869 on: April 20, 2011, 05:55:02 pm »

I'm not entirely sure as I haven't used it in ages, but I think runesmith MIGHT be able to do that. Check the first post for a list of features and see. Should be in the modding forum.

Now I have a question which is, is there a way to get rid of those dead saplings and shrubs?

they're blocking my farms.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: April 20, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »

I think 4-5 clutches of turkey eggs just hatched. The poults are getting in fights. How big of an area do I need? Also, should I go ahead and butcher any? I suspect all I'm going to get is a skull.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: April 20, 2011, 06:05:25 pm »

I'm not entirely sure as I haven't used it in ages, but I think runesmith MIGHT be able to do that. Check the first post for a list of features and see. Should be in the modding forum.

Thanks.

EDIT: Turns out that tool didn't help, does anyone else have any idea?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:20:40 pm by Batista »

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »

I think 4-5 clutches of turkey eggs just hatched. The poults are getting in fights. How big of an area do I need? Also, should I go ahead and butcher any? I suspect all I'm going to get is a skull.
While tedious, I like designating each chick to a 1x1 pasture. They'll stay in that tile and be quite happy about it. Females I'll put into a 1x1 pasture on top of a Nest Box.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: April 20, 2011, 06:17:02 pm »

I figured out my problem. somehow I had the labor disabled in (o)rders. But now I have a worse problem: I had set up an adamantine bridge to gate magma for my forges. I loaded it with quartzite mechanisms, which I understood to be magma-safe. I used adamantine because the wiki lists it as magma-safe. But when I dropped the bridge, the damn thing melted.

Is adamantine NOT magma safe?

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: April 20, 2011, 06:43:02 pm »

While tedious, I like designating each chick to a 1x1 pasture. They'll stay in that tile and be quite happy about it. Females I'll put into a 1x1 pasture on top of a Nest Box.

I decided to make a 2shift by 2shift room in clay. That should be enough.

Strangely enough, they stopped fighting when I realized I didn't have any booze.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1178