Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1119028 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10605 on: April 12, 2011, 02:57:58 pm »

Aw shit, man, I gotta go Moses on this bitch-ass brook's ass? That'll be such a pain in the beard. I ain't gonna bother, guess I'll just wait for that cistern to fill up.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: April 12, 2011, 03:09:41 pm »

Hmm , quite odd .

Tried modifying the creature_standard files again and seems that it won't work in a previously generated world , to get it to work at all it seems I have to
create a new world to play inn. Ugh...

Oh well that gives me some time to test out proper settings to get the right pace I guess, wish the wiki had some better info about it.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: April 12, 2011, 03:17:30 pm »

Why archers have leather armour as default?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: April 12, 2011, 03:27:50 pm »

Why archers have leather armour as default?

So that they move faster, I think.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: April 12, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »

Just tested 2 saves I had around, with the first save I had just started the Fort and my mayor started mining as Strong , five years later quite the legendary Miner and no Stat increase.
Can it be that the bug from previous versions is back? (These are non modified versions).

Only way att increases is by using the -5000 mods (have to heavily change creature_Standard) and thats not fun.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:43:11 pm by malvado »

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: April 12, 2011, 05:24:57 pm »

Question about becoming a capital: it requires 5000 in road value (I will use adamantine) and 5000 of "offering". What is "offering"?

Many thanks!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: April 12, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »

offering is when you give items to a carevan for free useing the option on the bottom of the trade screen
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: April 12, 2011, 05:44:51 pm »

offering is when you give items to a carevan for free useing the option on the bottom of the trade screen
That's what I thought at first place, but I have offered many stuffs and the counter remains blocked at zero. Maybe it works with the dwarven caravan only?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #10613 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:21 pm »

Hmm , quite odd .

Tried modifying the creature_standard files again and seems that it won't work in a previously generated world , to get it to work at all it seems I have to
create a new world to play inn. Ugh...

Oh well that gives me some time to test out proper settings to get the right pace I guess, wish the wiki had some better info about it.
In order to change the raws of an already generated world you have to go to that saves raws, which would be in data>save>regionX>raw :)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: April 12, 2011, 08:18:22 pm »

That's what I thought at first place, but I have offered many stuffs and the counter remains blocked at zero. Maybe it works with the dwarven caravan only?

Yes, offerings only go to a single civ.

I believe that you can see offerings to a civ via the 'c'iv panel. It will also show how much crap you sold them.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: April 12, 2011, 08:50:31 pm »

alright, so, i have one of my embark dwarves, with teacher/speardwarf/mechanic skills...im thinking of dropping mechanic, and just having the first migrant with useless skills take up being a mechanic.

if i use the points from mechanic, to get speardwarf to 5, and teacher, to 5, would that dwarf teach other, weapon skillless dwarves to be spear dwarves?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: April 12, 2011, 08:56:04 pm »

alright, so, i have one of my embark dwarves, with teacher/speardwarf/mechanic skills...im thinking of dropping mechanic, and just having the first migrant with useless skills take up being a mechanic.

if i use the points from mechanic, to get speardwarf to 5, and teacher, to 5, would that dwarf teach other, weapon skillless dwarves to be spear dwarves?

He would- specifically higher Teacher skill increases the rate at which combat skills are taught via Demonstrations- this includes weapon skills, as well as dodging, fighter, etc. Because your dwarf is a proficient Speardwarf, he'll organize Spear demonstrations for less skilled dwarves.

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: April 12, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »

At the moment my farming is either producing far more than I need or I'm having food shortages. So I have a few questions:

1. Once a seed is planted on a farm tile, does the amount of crops that grow from that tile vary from 1-5 stacks? Is a stack of 5 the most that grows from a single planted tile? Is it the same for all plants or does it vary?

2.What's the difference between a legendary grower and a dabbling one? Will a legendary plant seeds faster? Will the legendary produce bigger stacks of plants? Will the dabbler produce only small stacks and maybe not grow at all and lose seeds?

3.Does 1 unit of crop always make 5 unit of booze?

4.I read on the wiki that plump helmets and pigtails grow 3 times a season compared to 2 for the others. Any point in growing other crops besides these?

5.Any point in growing surface crops (besides when your starting civ has no crops for you)?

6.Flour, Sugar, and Quarry Bush Leaves. Are they worth it?

lament

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: April 12, 2011, 09:45:23 pm »

@San_A333

Another important thing to note in regard to the offering.

You cannot offer goods that you didn't create. Anything in the trade screen that has white text cannot be offered. Only goods with yellow text are allowed.

This might explain why the "Offer marked" text is disabled.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: April 12, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »

Is there a way to sort or find a person in the engrave memorial list? I have a few ghosts hanging around and I've been trying to find their names in a very long list for the last half hour
Memento Mori
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1178