Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1118517 times)

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #10395 on: April 03, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »

Tried another location. Still no bees.

I guess they aren't in mountains? What's the best biome for bees?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: April 03, 2011, 07:58:04 pm »

Tried another location. Still no bees.

I guess they aren't in mountains? What's the best biome for bees?
Anywhere grassy, I would imagine.
Also, maps which have no bees (or only bumblebees) may have honeybees spawn after a few seasons, so don't give up right away.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: April 03, 2011, 08:22:10 pm »

If I set my militaries uniform to "individual choice weapon" and then let them train, will they automaticly use any training equipment available?  Or does the training weapon have to be in a barracks?

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: April 03, 2011, 08:24:54 pm »

If I set my militaries uniform to "individual choice weapon" and then let them train, will they automaticly use any training equipment available?  Or does the training weapon have to be in a barracks?

They'll pick the best weapon (by value usually) and stick with that. They won't pick a training weapon unless that's the only kind you have.

Training weapons in current builds are really only for times when you're actually trying to kill something (for xp) but want it to take as long as possible (for MORE xp). In sparring in the barracks, they just use their regular weapon.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: April 03, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »

Training weapons in current builds are really only for times when you're actually trying to kill something (for xp) but want it to take as long as possible (for MORE xp).

Or for a danger room.  And typically the goal of a danger room isn't killing things, slowly or otherwise.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: April 03, 2011, 10:17:51 pm »

I had a dwarf get attacked by a panda and wounded pretty badly. He eventually healed up enough to stumble over to the fort, but there's a blinking red cross over him constantly, and he's gone unconscious a few times. Is he bleeding internally or something? There are only two wounds left from the encounter, upper body and two parts of his arm. Upper body is brown (minor) and arm is yellow (just regularly wounded, I guess). No wounds on his description screen, just scars.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: April 03, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »

Do you have any diagnosticians? Go to his profile and find the option for (h)ealth.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: April 03, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »

"Ability to stand lost. Motor nerve damage. Sensory nerve damage."

Er, damn. Didn't notice that. Guess he's permanently panda'd-- although he can still work, actually. Should I sacrifice him to the blood gods or keep him around?

EDIT: on the other hand, the infinite-happy-mist generator in the meeting hall seems to keep him quite content, lol.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: April 03, 2011, 10:27:50 pm »

Have you tried crutches?
Memento Mori

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: April 04, 2011, 01:37:47 am »

Ok....... I just had something happened that never happened before. I can't seem to make pig iron at my magma smelter or a new smelter I set up. I have the raw reagants, iron bars, dolomite and charcoal. None of them are forbidden. I even set up my stockpile so that a dolomite, charcoal and iron bar is just next to the smelter in question.

Anyone has any tips? The problem has persisted for over 4 ingame months now and I don't want my first punishment detail on my extremely scarce metalsmiths.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:00 am »

Ok....... I just had something happened that never happened before. I can't seem to make pig iron at my magma smelter or a new smelter I set up. I have the raw reagants, iron bars, dolomite and charcoal. None of them are forbidden. I even set up my stockpile so that a dolomite, charcoal and iron bar is just next to the smelter in question.

If you have defined any burrows -- ANY burrows, for any reason, whether it's related to the smelter or not -- then sometimes materials that are not close enough to the smelter (not in the burrow?  dunno precisely...) don't trigger the smelter job menu.

Workarounds are: (1) request the pig iron through the manager -- (j) (m) (q); or (2) move the materials closer to the smelter, unforbid them, and try again.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: April 04, 2011, 09:44:41 am »

What settings do I set to allow a dining room stockpile to allow prepared meals only (in barrels or pots ok) ?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: April 04, 2011, 10:53:19 am »

What settings do I set to allow a dining room stockpile to allow prepared meals only (in barrels or pots ok) ?

"u" is prepared meals from the food menu.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: April 04, 2011, 11:05:51 am »

Two quick questions:

1. Is there any limit for how far the water can be below the well? As in, if the water was 100 z-levels down, would the well work?

2. How do I do that trick where I strip a caged goblin of all it's stuff?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: April 04, 2011, 11:09:07 am »

Two quick questions:

1. Is there any limit for how far the water can be below the well? As in, if the water was 100 z-levels down, would the well work?

2. How do I do that trick where I strip a caged goblin of all it's stuff?
1. Not afaik, but there's a practical limit: it will take forever to get the water.
2. "Mass-hide" (d>b>h I think) the cages and dump all the weapons and armor and such (that are hidden) through the stocks menu. Wait until they get it dumped, don't atomsmash.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1178