Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116421 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9840 on: March 20, 2011, 08:14:50 am »

Refresh my memory.

If your outpost liaison gets killed, will you get a new one?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: March 20, 2011, 08:26:31 am »

Yeah. The liaison is randomly selected in the capital - this is why sometimes it says "the Fisherdwarf" or "the Lye Maker Urist McUrist" has arrived.

Anyway, I'm just wondering. If you have a volcano in a rainy area, will obsidian form on top of the volcano when the rain hits the lava?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:02 am »

Yeah. The liaison is randomly selected in the capital - this is why sometimes it says "the Fisherdwarf" or "the Lye Maker Urist McUrist" has arrived.

Anyway, I'm just wondering. If you have a volcano in a rainy area, will obsidian form on top of the volcano when the rain hits the lava?

Nope. However, underwater volcanoes will have an obsidian cap.

That didn't even happened when i embarked on a freezing glacier with a volcano...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: March 20, 2011, 08:50:15 am »

are elves offended by bone crossbow's? i got a legendary bowyer (boo) and i decided to slaughter all my animals i've gotten in my 4+ years of migrant bringing non pets and animals being born so i got a shit ton of bones >.>

also do grazer pets die if underground >.>
elves won't be offended, but i think grazers will die underground.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:14 am »

lol doesnt seem so, and i meant grazers that are already people's pets.

also, metric f*ckton of goblinite, melting anything made out of metal and im waiting for a caravan to foist all the leather and cloth items off on them

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: March 20, 2011, 11:05:27 am »

I mean it, they all have "No Job" listed and they are actively sprinting out of the fort.

Burrows only restrict dwarves who are doing jobs.  They aren't allowed to do a job in a workshop outside of their burrow, or to use materials from outside of their burrow.

If they aren't doing a job, they can leave the burrow and wander aimlessly anywhere.

Quick fix: "All right, you sons of elves, I want all this stone moved over there, right now!"
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:04 pm »

Can I make the DF window bigger somehow? I'd like to actually be able to see more rather than just enlarging it, so I assume it has something to do with grid size...
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: March 20, 2011, 12:10:42 pm »

Maximise the window.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: March 20, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »

Is there some way to take aquifers out of the game?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: March 20, 2011, 01:30:55 pm »

a) Download the Lazy Newb Pack and do it from there using 1 button
b) Replace all the [AQUIFER] tags in your raws (for stones) with !Aquifer! or something.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: March 20, 2011, 01:42:21 pm »

b) Replace all the [AQUIFER] tags in your raws (for stones) with !Aquifer! or something.

Won't that cause bugs?

Also, from when you asked if mineral scarcity can be set in advanced worldgen parameters - I checked, and it can't.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: March 20, 2011, 01:48:21 pm »

Can I make the DF window bigger somehow? I'd like to actually be able to see more rather than just enlarging it, so I assume it has something to do with grid size...

On Linux, if I resize it while still on the main screen ("Continue playing", "Create new world", etc.) then it works fine.  The font isn't changed -- just the dimensions of the pseudo-textual area.  The font only changes if I resize it at some later point.

Question:

This is a gold statue of a rat.  The item is a image of a rat in gold by Cerol ūzadil.

Cerol ūzadil, "Cerol Growledwalls", Blacksmith
Cerol ūzadil likes gypsum plaster, bismuth, black pyrope, rope reed fiber fabric, picks, bucklers and flasks.  When possible, he prefers to consume perch, fisher berries, gutter cruor, and dwarven wheat flour.  He absolutely detests rats.

Why's he makin' status of rats if he hates 'em?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:02 pm »

I wrote a Windows batch file to generate a bunch of worlds using the command line options. However, the game appears to require some sort of input at the end of each world gen. You don't actually need to press 'Enter' to save the world, any key press or mouse click will do, but the game needs some sort of input. This completely negates the advantage of having command line options. Is there perhaps some flag I am unaware of, "-noreallysaveitwithoutaprompt" or something?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:38 pm »

The subjects and depictions of statues are randomly selected, I think.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:47 pm »

Its a scarerat, it scares other rats away by being larger than them.

Actual answer: Statues, engravings, etc. are pretty much random. The "detests rats" thing just means that he gets a bad thought from seeing rat vermin.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1178