Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116241 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9720 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:48 pm »

Ah, he killed a goblin, so that's probably where the issue arose. I'll just make a slab and put it in the militia commander's tomb then. Thanks!

And one last question, does forging shields increase the armorsmithing level?

I'd always assumed it did but with fuel scarcity it's become a bit more important to make sure I don't waste fuel on stuff I don't want.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: March 15, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

And one last question, does forging shields increase the armorsmithing level?
Yes it does.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #9722 on: March 15, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »

Awesome, thanks again.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:43 pm »

not necessarily, if a creature gets kills i think they get a name, i have a stray cat with a name, likely because my 15x15 rock storage/trade depot was covered in gray/red squirrel and roach corpses >.>
Oh yeah, good point. Well, if he had no name he certainly was not a pet.
Memento Mori

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: March 16, 2011, 01:04:48 am »

I usually use my military to get rid of the goblins that loiter around my drawbridge, but this time I decided to smash them with the drawbridge instead.  There were three mounted goblins below a 3x3 drawbridge.  The bridge deconstructed.  Is that...  normal?

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: March 16, 2011, 03:14:11 am »

Is there any way to quickly assign beds to dwarfs? Giving everyone a bedroom takes time when you have 120 dorfs :P

*make that 135 freeloaders, a new wave of meat shields just arrived.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:19:00 am by Psilobe »

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: March 16, 2011, 03:23:46 am »

Is there any way to quickly assign beds to dwarfs? Giving everyone a bedroom takes time when you have 120 dorfs :P

*make that 135 freeloaders, a new wave of meat shields just arrived.

You don't need to assign them. They will pick out their own bedrooms when they get tired if there is one free. Just define the rooms, let the dwarves do the work.

The only time you need to assign is if you have some reason to put a specific dwarf in a specific place, i.e., you build a bedroom right next to the kitchens for your cook, or you build a really nice bedroom for a tantruming dwarf or a noble.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: March 16, 2011, 03:26:08 am »

Oh didnt know that, thanks :D Makes things much easier now

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: March 16, 2011, 10:16:49 am »

I have a dwarf in a hospital bed who is Resting.  (v)(w) wounds screen shows Unconscious, yellow right hand, yellow left hand, and yellow left foot.  (z)(h)(Status) shows "Sensory nerve damage" -- just that, no body part.  (z)(h)(Wounds) shows "left hand, skin \n left hand, fat \n left hand, muscle --- right hand, skin \n right hand, fat \n right hand, muscle \n Has been sutured --- left foot, skin \n left foot, fat \n left foot, muscle" all in white.  (z)(h)(Treatment) shows "No treatment scheduled".  (z)(h)(History) shows brought to bed, evaluated, cleaned, sutures, dressing, splint on right hand.  No other treatments.  In particular, no treatments on the foot or the left hand.

It does not say "Ability to stand lost", or "Motor nerve damage", or anything else that I normally associate with an ex-dwarf.

Why is the dwarf not getting up, and not getting treatment?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: March 16, 2011, 11:54:29 am »

its a bug, some times dwarfs just fall of the treatment list and are never put back on, i have a child who hasnt been treated for 5 years. hopefully fixed in the upcoming bugfix. if you injure slighty again with a fall or somthing he should get re-evaluated.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: March 16, 2011, 12:59:34 pm »

Dropped him two Z-levels and he died.

The other dwarf in the bed next to him, who had visible motor nerve damage, survived her two-Z-level drop, so she gets to play dwarven med-school crash test dummy until she does die.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Big Bee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19:53 pm »

Yo hey, so I discovered that items could be forbidden while a moody dwarf was assembling them into an artifact and the dwarf will still keep on keepin' on.  They do not get incorporated into the artifact.  Do you know if the base item (first one taken by the moody dwarf) can be safely forbidden?  Does removing such an item diminish the artifact value?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: March 16, 2011, 01:35:44 pm »

Yes you can, and it depends on what the next one he picks up is.
Memento Mori

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: March 16, 2011, 02:19:34 pm »

The other dwarf in the bed next to him, who had visible motor nerve damage, survived her two-Z-level drop, so she gets to play dwarven med-school crash test dummy until she does die.

Which, of course, was the very next drop.  Those of you who claim that a two-Z-level drop is rarely fatal must have tougher dwarves or softer floors than I have.

At least I got about 4 suture+dress+splint tasks practiced from the first drop.  That's better than just letting her starve, I guess.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: March 16, 2011, 03:39:51 pm »

Can dwarves butcher a corpse of something killed in a siege? I nailed a beak dog and I'd like to make it into decorations to greet the next wave.  :P
Memento Mori
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 1178