Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116214 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9675 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:59 am »

Alright I got one that I may have asked before but I don't remember being answered.

Considering the RAWs for the randomized creatures are stored in the folder for your world (though compressed, I believe? I remember I extracted them once) why, when you're in arena mode, can't you spawn these randomized titans? Or at least creatures of the same randomized race. After all, arena mode does look for objects to spawn in the region folder as it's loading...

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9676 on: March 14, 2011, 11:37:45 am »

Certain creatures are specifically forbidden from being spawned in arena mode.  These include all randomly generated creatures, as well as many of the more exotic cavern dwellers.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:24 pm »

hm, the only mandate i could think of that my mason didnt do, would be not making the captain of the guards furniture for his room fast enough...

so yeah, him being a one armed dwarf now, is he pretty much useless now for making stone things? he was the closest i got to a legendary mason for f*ck sakes ;.;

I'm pretty sure mason can work one armed.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: March 14, 2011, 02:03:28 pm »

I need bones, desperatly as I got a dorf that needs it for some super secret project and I dont want to loose this dwarf to insanity.

I got a refuse pile with several skeletons o, for example a tame horse. Apperantly I cant butcher this animal but according to the wiki I should be able to butcher some animals for skulls.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »

Skulls don't count as bones for the purposes of moods.  And you can't butcher the bodies of dead tame animals.  You need to either slaughter a live tame animal that's large enough to give bones, or kill some wild animal that's large enough to butcher.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: March 14, 2011, 02:08:13 pm »

Okay, How do I go about and slaughter a tame animal, got boars roaming my halls which seems perfect but in the butcher shop I can only butcher allready dead animals.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: March 14, 2011, 02:11:48 pm »

press z and go to animals, hit enter to butcher said animal.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: March 14, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »

Okay, How do I go about and slaughter a tame animal, got boars roaming my halls which seems perfect but in the butcher shop I can only butcher allready dead animals.

Either press 'z', select the Animals tab, scroll down to the animal, and 'b' to mark it for slaughtering, or press 'v', move the cursor over the animal, press 'p' and then 's'.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: March 14, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »

Ok, thanks! time for some blood

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: March 14, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »

Do dwarves normally take forgotten beast corpses to a refuse stockpile?  Mine aren't doing it.  I only got a dwarf to butcher one by building the stockpile on the corpse on the floor.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: March 14, 2011, 05:23:30 pm »

Do dwarves normally take forgotten beast corpses to a refuse stockpile?  Mine aren't doing it.  I only got a dwarf to butcher one by building the stockpile on the corpse on the floor.
Is it outside?  Did you turn gathering of refuse from outside on?  If it's inside, did you turn gathering of refuse from inside off?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: March 14, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »

It was inside and gathering was on.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: March 14, 2011, 07:02:17 pm »

SO im about to build my first set of magma forges, and i saw one of the x's is a dark green x...i recall something about an impassable portion for magma forges, is that dark x the part? cuz if so i might just use it to block the hole, i saw fire imps and magma crabs down there -.-;;

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: March 14, 2011, 07:04:43 pm »

SO im about to build my first set of magma forges, and i saw one of the x's is a dark green x...i recall something about an impassable portion for magma forges, is that dark x the part? cuz if so i might just use it to block the hole, i saw fire imps and magma crabs down there -.-;;

Yes, when designating any workshop the dark green x's are the ones that will be impassable once the workshop is completed. And yes, it is a rather good idea to use the impassable part to block the hole that grants magma access for precisely the reasons you mentioned.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #9689 on: March 14, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »

Hrm....my adventurer appears to have lost all common sense. He picked up a copper cap to wear and immediately put it in his backpack, removing it from the backpack puts it in his left hand, from his left hand I can manage to put it back in the backpack, drop it on the ground, or throw it at the shopkeeper. I can't, for the life of me, manage to get the bloody thing in a position to put on his head.

Scratch that, it's a large copper hat and I am a dwarf.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:53:24 pm by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1178