Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1116158 times)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9645 on: March 13, 2011, 11:47:10 am »

as long as it stops the pausing. Thank you.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: March 13, 2011, 12:17:08 pm »

If I remember digging and warm stone notification correctly, you can order single ramps without worrying about cancellation, because once the dwarf is in a position to complain about the warm stone the digging's been done already. So you can dig out the magmaworking space two levels above the magma, and then order ramps to be dug on the level below (directly above the magma) in the following pattern:

Code: [Select]
############
#^##^##^##^#
############
############
#^##^##^##^#
############
############
#^##^##^##^#
############
The dwarves will ramp into the warm stone, revealing the eight tiles around the ramp, and then those revealed warm stones can be dug out without complaint.
I think that would work.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: March 13, 2011, 12:44:03 pm »

That does work.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: March 13, 2011, 04:03:14 pm »

Will elves complain if I try to sell them wax crafts?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #9649 on: March 13, 2011, 08:21:19 pm »

What all materials count as non-absorbant for honey and the like? Wood? I'd think metal would be, but I'm not sure there either.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: March 13, 2011, 09:34:56 pm »

This is an exceptional donkey hoof figuring of Iferi Cleandunes.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Iferi Cleandunes the elf and  Heju Jewelentries the human in donkey hoof by  Etur Inododroz. Iferi Cleandunes is devouring Hedu  Jewelentries. The artwork relates to the devouring of the  human Heju Jewelentries by the elf Iferi Cleandunes in  The Lustrous Forest in the midautumn of 96 during Nedornoloc, "The Crazy Battle".

What... the... elf?  :o
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #9651 on: March 13, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »

Elves eat their opponents after they beat them in a battle in legends mode.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: March 13, 2011, 09:52:46 pm »

I'm setting up my magma shops above the magma under my fort.
It is slow and annoying to have the message "designation canceled, warm stone found" EVERY SINGLE TILE that I reveal. Either that or I manually assign the digging to take place one square a a time. Is there a way to stop this tomfoolery?
go to DF folder>data>init>announcements and turn it off there (forgot exactly what tag it is, it's easy to figure out though)
it won't let it stop being cancelled though. that may be fixed in a next version.

[DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D:P:R]
[DIG_CANCEL_DAMP:A_D:D_D:P:R]

P = pause; R = refocus/recenter

Won't stop the digging order from being canceled, but it will remove the pausing spam.
That does work.
Indeed it does.
What all materials count as non-absorbant for honey and the like? Wood? I'd think metal would be, but I'm not sure there either.

Earthenware is absorbent until it's been glazed. Metal, glass, porcelain, and stoneware I'm sure are treated as non-absorbent.

c-106mc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: March 13, 2011, 10:41:12 pm »

Apparently a human caravan has brought a copper boning knife and a bronze mortar. Are these completely useless for a fort?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: March 14, 2011, 12:00:01 am »

Well, I guess you could melt them down if you are short of metal.
Memento Mori

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: March 14, 2011, 12:20:55 am »

If I muddy some cast obsidian outside, will it grow grass/trees?  Warm biome, heavily forested, thick vegetation.  I'm on the side of a volcano, most of the flat areas I have are 1-2 tiles wide, with ramps on either side.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

alec1988

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: March 14, 2011, 01:49:33 am »

so i was recently attacked by some gobblins or what not. anyway a couple of my guys got injured, but for some reason my lazy ass doctors are not doing anything. i have like 5, i also built a hospital and theres a guy there who wants to be tied down or something like that. i have a traction bench but still nothing. i also have a chief medical dwarf but again the lazy ass doesnt seem to want to do anything. any help? also thanks for the help on my last question.

EDIT: i just caught a minotaur, and when i check his status it says that he is a caged guest. what should i do with him?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:30:54 am by alec1988 »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: March 14, 2011, 01:55:47 am »

How do I make roofs for above-ground buildings? Im trying to build an above ground fortress and I have no idea on how to make roofs.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: March 14, 2011, 02:07:15 am »

By going one level higher and constructing floors

Perapsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: March 14, 2011, 03:07:19 am »

so i was recently attacked by some gobblins or what not. anyway a couple of my guys got injured, but for some reason my lazy ass doctors are not doing anything. i have like 5, i also built a hospital and theres a guy there who wants to be tied down or something like that. i have a traction bench but still nothing. i also have a chief medical dwarf but again the lazy ass doesnt seem to want to do anything. any help? also thanks for the help on my last question.

EDIT: i just caught a minotaur, and when i check his status it says that he is a caged guest. what should i do with him?

Is your hospital stocked? Does it have cloth, thread, plaster, etc.?

Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1178