Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1115945 times)

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #9570 on: March 10, 2011, 05:47:32 am »

Fill it up with pigtail thread, and when all the chests and bags are full, THEN process the adamantium.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: March 10, 2011, 08:51:05 am »

I would assume so, just as dying has quality levels.

"Wow, look at the guts!  They're everywhere!  That was at least an exceptional death!"

(Sorry, couldn't resist... the word you wanted is "dyeing".)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: March 10, 2011, 08:53:12 am »

Here's a healthcare question: My militia commander has a spine injury. On his health screen, his spine has been smashed apart, and the lower spine nervous tissue has been cut apart. The nervous tissue has been sutured. Ability to stand lost.

Looking at the z health screen, however, reveals that he Cannot Stand and has Broken Tissue. More intriguing to me was the fact it does NOT list any sensory or motor nerve damage.

Will he walk again?

I have been told by others on the forum that "Ability to stand lost" is permanent and unfixable, and that anything "Smashed open" is also irreparable.  So far I've not had any contradictory experiences. :(
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: March 10, 2011, 11:22:53 am »

Here's a healthcare question: My militia commander has a spine injury. On his health screen, his spine has been smashed apart, and the lower spine nervous tissue has been cut apart. The nervous tissue has been sutured. Ability to stand lost.

Looking at the z health screen, however, reveals that he Cannot Stand and has Broken Tissue. More intriguing to me was the fact it does NOT list any sensory or motor nerve damage.

Will he walk again?

I have been told by others on the forum that "Ability to stand lost" is permanent and unfixable, and that anything "Smashed open" is also irreparable.  So far I've not had any contradictory experiences. :(
confirmed.

I've seem to be stuck in a perpetual siege. All the combatants are accounted for, I even patrolled around the entire map with the squads and no more ambushes were present.
Moreover, this bug seems to stop me from getting any contact with the outside world other than the besiegers. I've not had any migrants, caravans, or liaisons for the past 3 years.

I had a similar situation prior to this current fortress, in fact this bug seems to have arose from similar circumstances. I believe the bug comes about when you either encase enemies in obsidian, or crush them with it in the case of a cave in. The reason I include the cave-in possibility is due to the fact that the lava at that point was really that high, adding water to it was a simple procedure due to a overcasting platform from which water can be dumped. Both times the permanent siege tag bug also came about the enemies that were being engulfed in obsidian were also quite close the the border of the map, but I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with it.

Anywho, has anyone else encountered this bug before? And better yet, has anyone a solution to it? Playing the defence mod with no income of caravans nor migrants isn't exactly playable for long.
ouch. bug report?
also: try walling in and wait for the siegers to leave. that may take the tag off.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: March 10, 2011, 01:53:00 pm »

It sounds like the issue is that a siege has a list of siegers and siegers are only removed from that list in the case of escape (from boredom or being driven off), and death but that encasing in obsidian and possibly crushed by cave-in doesn't remove them from the list.  Encased by ice might also not count.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: March 10, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »

If I stockpile ice indoors on a cavern floor, and it melts, will that produce mud for a farm?

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: March 10, 2011, 02:19:26 pm »

If I stockpile ice indoors on a cavern floor, and it melts, will that produce mud for a farm?

No.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: March 10, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »

No.
the reason is that water is counted as an item in this case. not a liquid such as flowing water or magma.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

spacemonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: March 10, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »

I notice now in the smelter job menu, it shows all possible jobs, the unavailable ones in red.

It's a bit annoying, as you have to scroll all the way down to select the job you want.

Is there a way to change this?

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: March 10, 2011, 02:59:16 pm »

I notice now in the smelter job menu, it shows all possible jobs, the unavailable ones in red.

It's a bit annoying, as you have to scroll all the way down to select the job you want.

I think I saw this as one of the .21 fixes. Yes? no? someone less lazy than I go look?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: March 10, 2011, 03:09:45 pm »

I think I saw this as one of the .21 fixes. Yes? no? someone less lazy than I go look?
Yes, that or .20
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: March 10, 2011, 04:17:17 pm »

My .21 fortress shows all of the smelter reactions in red, so it's still unchanged.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:26 pm »

My .21 smelters show all of the reactions, some of them in red, but alloy reactions in white are above alloy reactions in red, so it's relatively easy to scroll to what I want. It'd be better if all the white reactions were above all the red ones, though. (White and red 'smelt ore' reactions are mixed in with each other, apparently in a set order regardless of status, and then white alloy reactions come after that, and then red alloy reactions.)
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:03 am »

Question on traps and ambush detection - since the wiki's trap page is silent on this.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Trap

Stone-fall traps do *not* alert you when an ambush triggers them.
Cage traps *do* alert you when an ambush stumbles across them.

So what about weapon traps built with "bTw"?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: March 11, 2011, 12:03:59 pm »

probably. well they poke holes in them at least  :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1178